Advice on VGT turbo upgrade

LaughingSavage

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to this forum, I have a 2015 F-250 and was trying to decide which 15-17 aftermarket drop in VGT would be best as there's like 15 companies that offer them. HP goals at 4000feet id like to see 600-650whp.
I see anywhere from 61mm to 68s but im thinking a 66 should be ideal.
Im sure this topic has been talked about a ton here but honestly I dont have 6 hours to spend scrolling through the threads trying to pick answers.
Currently truck has all the "bad stuff" done to it, MDP piping kit, No limit intercooler, Fass 240ghp, Water meth that needs hooked up.
I will be doing F1 injectors and a warren CP4 as well as a SDP downpipe and BD exhaust manifolds, O dawg valve covers. Any advice or persona experience would be nice. Id like something with the same or better spool as a stock 15 and hopefully same fuel eco that gets me from 465whp to low 600s since i think 650+ tends to snap rods in these. Thankyou!

J98

Reaction score
Many ways to meet your goal. 65.5 streetmax vgt & 10 mm pump will get you near 650, skip the rest and invest in traction bars if you don't already have them.

Put the leftover $ towards a trans in the future.

LaughingSavage

Reaction score
Many ways to meet your goal. 65.5 streetmax vgt & 10 mm pump will get you near 650, skip the rest and invest in traction bars if you don't already have them.

Put the leftover $ towards a trans in the future.

I have full PMF suspension at the powder coating shop :)
I've been eying a precision converter but i have an SPE valve body on order.
After calling around more im really digging that 64/68 offered by AP.

sootie

Reaction score
65mm drop in and a stroker hpfp. You will be north of 650 and have stock spool. Traction bars are a must.

Skip all the other things you mentioned.

LaughingSavage

Reaction score
65mm drop in and a stroker hpfp. You will be north of 650 and have stock spool. Traction bars are a must.

Skip all the other things you mentioned.

I see a lot of votes for MWDP streetmax turbos. Are they that good?
Ive kinda already invested in the other stuff, Do you guys not recommend that stuff because its useless and doesnt do anything for these trucks or because its badly designed and fails?
Also scrap the injectors, There's 0 aftermarket support for them and F1 doesn't do them, I will just buy an OEM new set

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
I abused a streetmax for years and enjoyed outstanding performance and not one issue.

The other items are uneccessary to achieve your goals. If you've already invested in them, no worries, with the exception of the water meth...I wouldn't even let my truck see the kit nevermind install it.

hlejeune6.7

Reaction score
I was looking at the SPE 62mm billet vgt. A streetmax is very expensive compared to these but im sure a streetmax is quite a bit more power. SPE claims their strike vgt is capable of 600-650hp, now how true that is for a 62mm vgt I’m not sure...

LaughingSavage

Reaction score
I abused a streetmax for years and enjoyed outstanding performance and not one issue.

The other items are uneccessary to achieve your goals. If you've already invested in them, no worries, with the exception of the water meth...I wouldn't even let my truck see the kit nevermind install it.

We are talking about the MP6464-10 right? And hows the spool on those compared to a factory 15 with tuning?
It seems the streetmax is no longer produced and was replaced by the MP6464-10 And MP6668-10 but the MP6668-10 Shouldnt be ran on a stock bottom end

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
Spe is China made junk claimed to be made here. I’m a dealer for the no limit vgt turbos and also the fleece. Both run awesome as well as the Midwest diesel streetmax turbos.

LaughingSavage

Reaction score
Spe is China made junk claimed to be made here. I’m a dealer for the no limit vgt turbos and also the fleece. Both run awesome as well as the Midwest diesel streetmax turbos.

Oh really? well im trying to avoid as much oversea's stuff as i can. Whats the opinion on other SPE products? Let's say their valvebody for the 6r140

sootie

Reaction score
Oh really? well im trying to avoid as much oversea's stuff as i can. Whats the opinion on other SPE products? Let's say their valvebody for the 6r140

Again...what do you need the valve body for! Stock transmissions hold that power fine.

hlejeune6.7

Reaction score

Anybody ever have any problems with their turbos/fuel pumps?

LaughingSavage

Reaction score
Again...what do you need the valve body for! Stock transmissions hold that power fine.

Even with all the tuning ive tried my shifts are always kinda soft. 3-4 4-5 shfit flare under WOT. And 1-2 2-3 are kinda laggy, you can feel it disengage and re engage the shifts. Then theres the trans temps. even with an aftermarket cooler a hard pass down the strip it still sees 215-230 temps, I mean comparing it to my 4r100 i built for my v10 truck its nowhere near as crisp or clean.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I have never bought anything from SPE myself. I’ve had a lot of customers that have bought there cheap faulty products and come to me when SPE’s customer service refuses to help them etc. I will never sale there products. There is plenty of other great company’s out there with great products and service.

sootie

Reaction score
Even with all the tuning ive tried my shifts are always kinda soft. 3-4 4-5 shfit flare under WOT. And 1-2 2-3 are kinda laggy, you can feel it disengage and re engage the shifts. Then theres the trans temps. even with an aftermarket cooler a hard pass down the strip it still sees 215-230 temps, I mean comparing it to my 4r100 i built for my v10 truck its nowhere near as crisp or clean.

Even a fully built transmission shifts very very similar to stock.

and these transmissions are designed to run between 230-250

hlejeune6.7

Reaction score
How are industrial injection turbos ? They have a built 2015 turbo with a 64mm compressor wheel at a fair price.

Latest posts

Members online