Blend Door Actuators, Pic Heavy

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
you can replace one, two, or three.

i do not know which ones do what, i just know i had one clicking, and decided to replace them all, for the little they cost.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
yup. turn your radio off, and listen to your dash.

you can use the pics to figure out where to listen.

if its clicking there, its likely your actuators.

i didnt have temp control issues, i changed mine right as they started clicking, and the clicking stopped.

Fordfreak300

Reaction score
I know this is an older post but man did it save my butt. For anyone reading the bottom actuator on the passenger side controls the temp for the driver side. This is the one that was out on mine.

joshua5438

Reaction score
all 3 actuators are the same.

these are the numbers from the box.

YH-1751
9C3Z-19E616-B

Awesome write up. I am about to tackle this myself but I want to confirm that you used the same part in all three places? I am being told its different part numbers for the one at the go pedal....

Hillbilly Deluxe

Reaction score
How have I missed this sticky?

Looks like I got some bad info on which actuator controls what. I had the one behind the radio replaced because my driver side temp will never get off 60*, of course no change & my mechanic didnt know where to go from there.

Speaking of, what would cause the air to only blow 60*? Doesnt matter outside temp. Ive had the system serviced, checked for leaks and charged up properly. It will only blow 60* and that just isnt cold enough when its 95*+ here in Houston.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i could be wrong, but the newer stuff is regulated.

the older trucks, i could frost up the windows in the summer. but not my new one.

i set my climate to 60*, and it's 60* pretty quick inside.

it might be worth changing the other two actuators to rule them out.

i'm a believer in the philosophy of, if ones bad, the rest will be shortly. thats why i did all 3, instead of just one.

and their cheap, so why not.

Hillbilly Deluxe

Reaction score
this is the one under the dash. the screw outside closest to you will come off easily with a ratchet. the one in back needs done with a wrench. you jsut work it slowly. takes forever

when re-installing, put in the outside one first, to hold in the actuator.

take a pair of needle nose pliers and put in the back screw. without letting go, slide your wrench in there put it on it and get ready to turn it. set your pliers down, and pick up that regular screw driver, and use it to push the screw up while turning it with the wrench. it's a fker to start, but then it's just time consuming to finish screwing in.

plug it back in, and your done with that one.

The this is the one thats currently dead on mine. Did you cut that plastic vent tube so you could remove it?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
now that i'm not on my phone, that cut you see, is from........ kids and their fking feet being everywhere there not supposed to be.

like wedged up under my dash. or on my dash.

explain this one. i went in pay for fuel, and when i got back i had feet prints on my windshield, up by the top where it says powerstroke, and toe prints on the rear view mirror GLASS.

fking kids. :D

KTM300

Reaction score
Thanks for the great post.

All the other write ups and videos I found on this only talk about replacing the two on the right side of the center stack. None of them mention the one by the go pedal. Does anyone know what that one controls and if it for sure needs changed as well?

KTM300

Reaction score
Even though they are only $25, I would rather not spend the money if I don't have to.

It is more my curiosity about what that one does. I am the type of person that wants to know how everything works.

08REDSLED

Reaction score
Dragging this back up, so the actuator on the passenger side controls the driver side?, my passenger side will blow cold and the driver side only hot no matter the mode (it has dual mode) it seems to switch between lower, dash, and defrost fine, also i can hear no clicking...

sootie

Reaction score
Dragging this back up, so the actuator on the passenger side controls the driver side?, my passenger side will blow cold and the driver side only hot no matter the mode (it has dual mode) it seems to switch between lower, dash, and defrost fine, also i can hear no clicking...
There are three actuators. Fresh air, defrost/vent/floor, and the blend door on the heater box that you are speaking of. It won't necessarily click if it is bad. You should be able to access it from the drivers side floor and by removing the black cover in the middle. Shouldn't need to remove the dash.

08REDSLED

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!, I would have changed the wrong one, I have already changed the one closest to the radio for having the passenger side hot with the a/c on but it's been long enough in not sure what side was hot/cold

Latest posts

Members online