Cold Pipe Upgrade, Now I'm throwing Codes. What Gives!?

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Hi all. Been wanting to do a cold side upgrade for awhile. Did it here a week ago and bin fighting gremlins ever since! I've never heard of anyone with problems. What gives? Only thing I wasn't happy with is it didn't come with new boot between the throttle body and tube. I was to re-use the Ford rubber coupling with original clamps. This believe it or not I have blown a couple times before the upgrade. I would re-connect and away I go. Now I'm throwing a P02E0, Diesel Intake Air Flow Control Circuit/Open and P02E9, Diesel Intake Air Flow Position Sensor Circuit High codes as I start the truck only. I can clear the codes and drive till I shut the truck off and re-start. This is what I've done. Replaced the Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor, no change. Replaced the stock Ford rubber coupling with silicone boot and new clamps, no change. Removed everything and replaced with with my original parts.... then no more code throwing lol. I'm a little frustrated. Can the air flow possibly change that much to throw these codes. Interested in hearing anyone's feedback. Thx for listening.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If it got rid of the throttle plate, you will have those codes, unless turned off with tuning. Did you get a with emissions replacement one or a non emissions one?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Both the codes you have point at the throttle plate actuator, either circuitry or the actuator itself.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I have the MDP kit no issues with codes. It removes the throttle plate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jimmystoys

Reaction score
So what I've found out today is that that since my tune is 'older' (2012), the throttle body is to remain. That's it. So I will reinstall my cold pipe kit without the new ******d throttle body. I will keep the original throttle body and connect it to the new kit. I will make time for this next week. I will let you guys know how I make out.

Jomax

Reaction score
So what I've found out today is that that since my tune is 'older' (2012), the throttle body is to remain. That's it. So I will reinstall my cold pipe kit without the new ******d throttle body. I will keep the original throttle body and connect it to the new kit. I will make time for this next week. I will let you guys know how I make out.

Why don't you just get new tunes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Getting new tunes would be rather expensive. I'm happy with what I have. It works well for me with no problems. Although I have this issue I'm hoping to have it worked out next week. There has been some suggestion to remove the butterfly valve/shaft. Also I've heard that there might be a future reprogram in the works for my tune to eliminate the throttle body. In the mean time has anyone removed the butterfly valve/shaft?

Jomax

Reaction score
Getting new tunes would be rather expensive. I'm happy with what I have. It works well for me with no problems. Although I have this issue I'm hoping to have it worked out next week. There has been some suggestion to remove the butterfly valve/shaft. Also I've heard that there might be a future reprogram in the works for my tune to eliminate the throttle body. In the mean time has anyone removed the butterfly valve/shaft?

You have a diesel pickup, tunes are cheap compared to what diesels cost to operate. Have you tried Contacting No limit? You might be surprised .

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Hoping to work it out locally first. If that doesn't work I will look at my options for sure.
Jomax, looks like you have a pretty good set up there. Does it all work well for you? Any future upgrades?

Jomax

Reaction score
Hoping to work it out locally first. If that doesn't work I will look at my options for sure.

Jomax, looks like you have a pretty good set up there. Does it all work well for you? Any future upgrades?

Need to update my Sig, it's changed a bit. It's now lowered on kings. Nitto 420s, etc.

Truck runs amazing, didn't go any farther then a tune because of the trans. Surprisingly, with 118k miles, trans just won't die. Never leaves the race tune.

Future plans after trans dies and gets upgraded is, dual fuelers and a modded turbo from Midwest. Run that till the motor blows. Afterwards, it's a triple turbo kit from H&S.

Built motor happens after I get another DD. I use this truck for work traveling to CA and reliability is important.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Need to update my Sig, it's changed a bit. It's now lowered on kings. Nitto 420s, etc.

Truck runs amazing, didn't go any farther then a tune because of the trans. Surprisingly, with 118k miles, trans just won't die. Never leaves the race tune.

Future plans after trans dies and gets upgraded is, dual fuelers and a modded turbo from Midwest. Run that till the motor blows. Afterwards, it's a triple turbo kit from H&S.

Built motor happens after I get another DD. I use this truck for work traveling to CA and reliability is important.

She should run real fine then! Good luck. I've been thinkin of a turbo/fuel upgrade sometime soon......but also thinkin of a new truck too. I have problems lol.

Jomax

Reaction score
She should run real fine then! Good luck. I've been thinkin of a turbo/fuel upgrade sometime soon......but also thinkin of a new truck too. I have problems lol.

Was about to trade mine in a couple weeks ago. But decided against it.

Latest posts

Members online