Cooler lines

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Installing a tru cool cooler this weekend, was thinking of changing the steel lines to larger rubber lines, 250 psi working pressure, anyone see a problem or potential issues?

97 F350 7.3

JCart

Reaction score
SD hard lines will fit an E4OD and they are larger in diameter, wanna say they’re 3/8” line. Iirc you just have to change the tranny fittings, so the larger SD line will thread in. I bought the SD lines from wreckers with the notion of swapping them out, but in the interim the E4 blew up on me so I tossed it for a ZF 5 S 47 so much better now and I don’t mind shifting.

Not sure if flexible line will impact tranny operations, in theory with stout line I’d think not.

CJunkie

Reaction score
Make sure the hose clamps are tight may be even double up. You won't regret it.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

89 Stroker

Reaction score
The rubber line I am putting on is 3/8 and some brass barbed fittings for the trans, hose clamped and secured properly, the line is rated for 250 psi and I believe 300+ temp.

Reaction score
Here are the SD Part numbers:

Transmission Cooler Lines (SuperDuty 3/8”)
(Ford) Line F81Z-7A031CE
(Ford) Line F81Z-7A030CA
(Ford) By Pass Tube 2C3Z-7H322-BA

Cheers!

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Another question, moving the trans temp probe from the pan to the test port, when taking the plug out a small plastic type tube came out, normal supposed to be in there?

CJunkie

Reaction score
I've never had something like that pop out, but I have only dealt with the 4r100s. Maybe a bit different?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Here are the SD Part numbers:

Transmission Cooler Lines (SuperDuty 3/8”)
(Ford) Line F81Z-7A031CE
(Ford) Line F81Z-7A030CA
(Ford) By Pass Tube 2C3Z-7H322-BA

Cheers!

Thank you for the part numbers, decided to go with the SD lines and was well worth it, ordered them from the dealer seeing as they got them the next day and I could install them.

Got ahold of Mark and was told whatever the plastic tube I found was not supposed to be in there

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Towed upwards of 10K pounds today in stop and go traffic and city street and didn’t see over 190 on the trans temp gauge, it was 100 degrees today and before the cooler change the temp gauge would see upwards of 230 in no time, swamps 1.5 injectors , intercooler and stock turbo with the tru cool cooler and SD lines and it did great in my book,

Latest posts

Members online