Damn! another leak.

dasboot

Reaction score
Walking back to the truck and notice WTF a nice wet spot under the engine.

Leaking coolant from somewhere left front of the engine. Seems to leak only after the engine ran some. Other words the leak stops after the truck sits some and cools off or pressure is off cooling system.

dasboot

Reaction score
turned out to be the top rad. hose to thermostat. The new clamp I put on at the t-stat failed. I replaced the hose and clamps.

6speedsd

Reaction score
It's getting to where you can't find a decent hose clamp anymore. As soon as you put the slightest amount of torque on it, it strips.

Atsah

Reaction score
It's getting to where you can't find a decent hose clamp anymore. As soon as you put the slightest amount of torque on it, it strips.

That's true, I'm noticing in hardware stores I have allways been able to buy good quality hardware in have gone to junk products and I let them know about it..

You really have to look things over these days before you buy them.. Nothing pisses me off more than paying good money for something that isn't worth anything..

sootie

Reaction score
ask where bigrpowr gets his. they are usa made and can take a lot of torque.

dasboot

Reaction score
I just used reg. hose clamps that I had on hand at the shop. Napa has hose the screw nut head type for radiator hose and other. A bit more HD than the reg clamps. I I think it was a commination of clamp and hose needing replacing. Thank goodness total parts and self repair was less $15.00 and it wasn't the water pump.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.