Easy WMO filtering

Copracr

Reaction score
What's the simple, cheap way to filter WMO to mix in with diesel for my powerstroke? Im thinking to let the WMO settle for a few weeks to get water out, then strain through socks down to a micron.
If mixing 2-4 gallons into a 40 gallon tank would that be sufficient?
Am I missing anything?
Cold start should be fine at those concentrations?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I have about $100 into my frybrid still, filters pretty damn good, just slower than a CF and slightly limited on batch size. Still filters down pretty well, though I bet a CF is better.

521turbo

Reaction score
Buy a centrifuge, look them up on youtube. Filters will not do it my buddys tryed it and took out there injectors and injector pumps. Then they bought a centrifuge and no problems since.

Copracr

Reaction score
Buy a centrifuge, look them up on youtube. Filters will not do it my buddys tryed it and took out there injectors and injector pumps. Then they bought a centrifuge and no problems since.

Do you remember what micron rating filter he was using? Everyone is saying "stay away from filters" so that's likely a good idea, but I just can't wrap my head around why a 1 or 2 micron filter wouldn't work. Unless it's some heavy dissolved liquid that is clogging things up and a CF would remove that with the particles?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, its "free" fuel but you could wreck a bunch of shti in the process. My buddy and I were heating it and filtering it twice into a large tank. My truck was fine even at concentrations of 70%. He lost two injectors in the two months we were doing it and I quit.

I would get a centrifuge AND filter it or dont frikkin do it. Also, im assuming you've got a two.stage/ pre and post pump filter?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I heat/settle and process through a bag filter in a stainless housing. My bag filters are 5/1 absolute micron rating. Though, I'm doing WVO, not sure how WMO would go through this setup. I have no issues with my setup. Been burning grease since 2008 I believe.

fordman2121

Reaction score
Just had new injectors put in my ex with 250k on it. The last 50k have had an average of 25% wmo/atf. I was told the injectors were in above average shape with no abnormal wear. All I do is settle then through 2 1 micron filters to my clean tank then just pump it in the ex.

Copracr

Reaction score
Just had new injectors put in my ex with 250k on it. The last 50k have had an average of 25% wmo/atf. I was told the injectors were in above average shape with no abnormal wear. All I do is settle then through 2 1 micron filters to my clean tank then just pump it in the ex.

Do you have a link to the filter set up you have?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Must not be filtering anything... LOL

What's the micron rating on a house filter? Nominal, absolute? I thought they were pretty open. I can distinctly remember when I first started building my filtration system I was told NOT to use them.

Latest posts

Members online