Exhaust Tip Ideas

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Needing some help, and possibly pictures, to help me decide how to place an exhaust tip on this exhaust so that it looks decent. I hate the angle the exhaust exits. It looks like the stock exhaust on an LMM Duramax. I am trying to decide if I should just cut it back some and do a 12" long tip on the same angle, or if I should cut it way back and try and get a different angle with an 18" long tip. I was thinking if I cut it back, I could do the longer tip and have it angled down somewhat and exiting just passed the rear tire.

Thanks for any input, and like I said...pics of your exhaust setups are appreciated. I would prefer people post up that had a similar angle to deal with!

Thanks!

239.jpg

240.jpg

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Take the tail section of the exhaust off if it angles down over the rear axle and put the tip there at a 45 to the ground? Just a thought that's free

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Take the tail section of the exhaust off if it angles down over the rear axle and put the tip there at a 45 to the ground? Just a thought that's free

I'm looking for free anyway other than the tip itself. Just gotta figure out where to hack the exhaust to put a tip. I thought about doing the axle dump style, but I want the tip to be visible somewhat. My truck isn't high enough to sport the axle dump exhaust.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Basically you will need to find a tip you like and then cut to fit. I vote for the 12" tips, dual exhaust at a x and angled to the ground just past the rear differential. Saw them on a gasser the other day. OMG! LOL

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Hopefully the guy who owns this truck doesn't mind me posting this. I was thinking something similar to this as far as the angle goes, but just the one side since I don't have or plan on doing duals.

4490299597_85c821ca84_b.jpg

4490299129_f1ee4f38ac_b.jpg

4490299237_a27da8531f_b.jpg

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That is about how mine is. I don't really have an angle of the tip towards the ground though. I do like the miter cut . I think mine has more even with the ground, meaning it is horizontal to it.

JDub

Reaction score
Mine comes out directly under the corner of the bumper... I like the looks of the duals on that 6.0L though...

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Ok, that is how mine looks. Hard to remember when it seems like I haven't seen it in months. Except I do believe my tip is larger in diameter and also longer, so the transition isn't as visible.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
That is about how mine is. I don't really have an angle of the tip towards the ground though. I do like the miter cut . I think mine has more even with the ground, meaning it is horizontal to it.

Yea. I kinda like the angle down like that truck has I posted up. One of the reasons being it's different and another reason is the fact that I have a white truck. The white gets covered in soot over time if I don't give the truck a bath for awhile.

Mine comes out directly under the corner of the bumper... I like the looks of the duals on that 6.0L though...

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

That's what I am trying to get away from. I personally am not a fan of the exhaust tip pointing back at the corner of the truck like that.

Dieselroller

Reaction score
If I were you and the exhaust is clamped together.. Take the tail pipe section to a muffler shop and have them put a slight bend on the end toward the ground. Then cut it back a bit to fit whatever tip you get. I would also get the tip first so you can kind of mock it up to see what you want.

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Yea cut mine back with a short black tip. Still visible but kind of tucked behind tire! Which is good for the overall steathy look I'm going for. Got some pics in another forum on here.

Powerstroke586

Reaction score

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

I believe i took that second picture LOL

Jeff i have the same exhaust angle as jacob and hate it so i cut mine back by the last hanger and put a long tip on. looks better but only downside is the bumper gets pretty black

Dieselroller

Reaction score
I don't worry about the soot on the bumper... Just spend every Saturday washing the big bastard! I'm more about the look! Blw coal and it's gonna get on the truck somewhere anyway!

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Mine angles out even and is 22" in length so you don't have to see the flare out to 6", unless you're really looking for it. I'll get a closer shot tomorrow.

GoingTruck2.png

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I like that side dual setup posted above if they were more round instead of oval, but it's a little flashy.