Finally have a 4x4 truck again!!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Been a long 5 years with 4.30 gears in the back and 3.73's in the front!!!

Went home on Friday and got stuck on the pass. Figured f-it and locked the hubs and pulled it into 4x4. Was fine under power, but the minute you let off, the back end kept trying to race the front end around!

Got to the top of the pass and unlocked them again.

Got the gears installed on Monday (X-mas eve) and used them yesterday coming back to work.

I bought these gears from Mikey 6 years ago out of his purple truck! LOL

davey99ps

Reaction score
I had an old Chevy like that, 3.73's up front an 4.10's in the rear. Seemed to work good in the mud. I can't believe there's still parts from "Barney" running around, that seems like forever ago

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Been a long 5 years with 4.30 gears in the back and 3.73's in the front!!!

Went home on Friday and got stuck on the pass. Figured f-it and locked the hubs and pulled it into 4x4. Was fine under power, but the minute you let off, the back end kept trying to race the front end around!

Got to the top of the pass and unlocked them again.

Got the gears installed on Monday (X-mas eve) and used them yesterday coming back to work.

I bought these gears from Mikey 6 years ago out of his purple truck! LOL

You install em yourself? Im gonna assume you put 4.30s up front... lol

sent from the rust monster

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I did NOT install them myself!

I did put the 4.30's in the front! LOL

I dont think 3.73's and 4.10s would be that bad, but the 4.30's made it down right scary while coasting!

But it beat waiting 2 hours for a tow, and the priceless look on my wifes face...

Buffalo444

Reaction score
I did NOT install them myself!

I did put the 4.30's in the front! LOL

I dont think 3.73's and 4.10s would be that bad, but the 4.30's made it down right scary while coasting!

But it beat waiting 2 hours for a tow, and the priceless look on my wifes face...

You have a damn good shop then if theyll do anything, let alone a gear swap, on xmas eve

sent from the rust monster

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Rear end blew up about 6 years ago. I had the 4.30 gears at the time, but only installed the rears because I needed the truck back ASAP.

Fast foward 6 years and here we are.