Ford Stated That The Super Duty Lineup Will Receive A Redesign For 2023

2022-Ford-Super-Duty-Lariat-Tremor.jpg

According to Ford Authority, Ford will be doing a redesign of the 2023 Super Duties.

The Ford Super Duty lineup received a refresh for the 2020 model year consisting of revised styling, new tech, and the addition of Ford’s 7.3L Godzilla V8, among other changes. The 2022 Ford Super Duty lineup is also receiving a host of upgrades, including new interior and exterior color options, improved tech features, and the addition of some new and revised appearance packages. However, change is inevitable in the automotive world, and according to Automotive News, the Super Duty will undergo a more comprehensive redesign in 2023.

Last edited:

Iso-baric

Reaction score
Oh good, more shit they can't produce but will charge more for.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Given the state of the industry as a whole, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a push to reduce the number of controllers / smart devices per vehicle build.
With chips being the rate limiting factor on build volume and no light at the end of the tunnel, it makes sense to roll as many vehicle functions into as few devices as possible.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Given the state of the industry as a whole, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a push to reduce the number of controllers / smart devices per vehicle build.
With chips being the rate limiting factor on build volume and no light at the end of the tunnel, it makes sense to roll as many vehicle functions into as few devices as possible.

Totally agree but will they do it, who knows?

Bugman

Reaction score
They won't because the general public that are buying these trucks want every bell and whistle that they can put on them.

When was the last time you saw just a basic truck out on the lot?

I don't even know if you can purchase a XL truck anymore with having to special ordering it.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Iso-baric

Reaction score
They won't because the general public that are buying these trucks want every bell and whistle that they can put on them.

When was the last time you saw just a basic truck out on the lot?

I don't even know if you can purchase a XL truck anymore with having to special ordering it.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
My point is that it's possible to retain the driver assistance / creature comforts, while reducing the overall number of processors on the vehicle.
Usually requires a tear-up of the vehicle CAN architecture, which makes sense to align with a cab update.

Latest posts

Members online