Front Diff Cover

greyford1979

Reaction score
Want to install a new front diff cover when I change the gear oil in my front axle. Been looking at the Yukon, Dynatrec, and ARB, something a little more stout than the oe cover. Anybody have any experiences with any of these and clearance issues with steering? This will be for a 2000 F250.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Actually looks like Dana makes an HD cover as well, even though they don't list it for mine since it's a 2000 F250. Look like I can pick it cheaper as well.

greyford1979

Reaction score
I think all the D60 covers are the same right?
Yes that is correct, that's why it had me confused that on Dana's own site it doesn't list the F250 lol. Fits the 50, 60, and 70.
Are you dead set on the brands you mentioned?

These have been some of the main ones I've been looking at. Even the Yukon isn't really at the top of my list. I'm mostly wanting to go with one that's more stock looking, just stronger. I know there's tons more covers out there that I would go with for a dedicated offroader/rockcrawler. I know Solid makes a closer to stock one as well for even less, but I know many that have had issues with them leaking. In the rear I just run a rock guard because I want to retain the new newer style aluminum cover I put on it a couple years ago.

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
It may be worth your time to check out the ouo and PMF diff covers. Both look great, are reasonably priced and serve a purpose. I’ve installed several of each and never had issues with either. Just thought I’d throw out some more options for ya.

EPA

Reaction score
Not all dana 60 covers are the same... Ford is specific... Its shallow to clear steering... A ford cover wont fit on a standard dana 60, it will hit the ring gear. Bolt patterns are the same... Ruffstuff specialties makes a ford cover not all flashy... Its 3/8s steel and I have installed it on many rides including crawlers... No issues... No gaskets just black rtv.

greyford1979

Reaction score
I ended up just going with the Ruff Stuff cover. Of course during shipping somebody either dropped it or launched it. It was Packaged well, but the box split open and put a nick on the edge. Should be fine with some light filing. Just gotta get it installed.

Latest posts

Members online