Gauge cluster inop

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Guys I really don't feel like digging into this right now.

My truck is a 2002 so I don't think it has a GEM since it's the hybrid cluster.

Since FOREVER intermittent the windows and radio wouldn't operate until a few minutes. Get going down the road relay would click, which I'm assuming is the access delay relay, everything worked fine.

Now I have no gauge cluster, no windows, no radio.

Cluster bad?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Sure sounds like the cluster could be the problem. Alternator output good? I remember on my old 02 when it would get cold, the cluster would cut out and iirc the radio too (truck had manual windows). The issue went away once I installed a new alternator.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'm showing 13.7 on edge.

High speed fan and brights 12.9

ghohouston

Reaction score
Well doubt the alt is your issue then. Iirc my issue was like below 30 degrees only. Not sure what Indiana is like this time of year.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Check both batteries individually.... I had a bad battery and they tested good together.... all sorts of weird electric issues. Replaced both and voila.... fixed.

I thought the 02s did have a GEM?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I was just informed that the issue may be in the VSM that's behind the glove box that replaced the GEM for 02

projectford

Reaction score
Can you updated with findings I have a 02 that is doing the same thing but not with the cluster cutting out yet. Just the windows and radio on mine. Doesn't happen all the time and doesn't matter what time of the year but I don't know if winter make a different though I park it once they start salting.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
All powers and ground check out. Sending cluster out for repair. Will update!

webb06

Reaction score
Can you updated with findings I have a 02 that is doing the same thing but not with the cluster cutting out yet. Just the windows and radio on mine. Doesn't happen all the time and doesn't matter what time of the year but I don't know if winter make a different though I park it once they start salting.

Likely something inside the cluster. We have our clusters repaired locally anytime radio and windows intermittently don’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20211028_063610.jpg
    20211028_063610.jpg
    862.8 KB · Views: 88

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yes but it appears to not be.

Just driving home now and it was flickering and shutting off/on... Guess I'll backprobe and monitor voltage supply while driving down the road.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Whelp it died again.

Tested it while it was dead. All my circuits were good.

Sent it back to medics. They stress tested it. It passes.

Now I gotta make a breakout box to monitor which feed wire/circuit goes out and watch it while driving

Racer71

Reaction score
I had same issue on my 06, slightly different setup but it was cluster that fixed it. I swapped the relay for accessory delay that’s part of the clusters board, the solder joints were cold, but swapped relay anyway since I had one around. It fixed it for awhile but ended having issues again and swapped cluster, never gave me another issue.

Latest posts

Members online