hide a way stobes info

248superduty

Reaction score
Ok so i just ordered a hide a way strobe kit and im wondering if anybody has ever put a set of the strobes in the fog light housings?

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Why strobe lights? Are you starting up a mobile rave or a reason to be given a traffic violation?

eng53ine

Reaction score
Could be a first responder

02 F-250, ccsb, auto, 6637, 4" turbo back, riff raff billet wheel, canned ts

12stroker

Reaction score
I have installed them on our headlights and reverse lights on our dodges so that when we work on the street lights in town. I think there's enough room on our fog lights for them to be installed.

248superduty

Reaction score
yea i am planning on doing them in the high beams, fogs and reverse lights. i have 6. also need to get a nice led full size light bar some time too... all im running right now is a cheapo mini rotater and its just not cutting it. but hey it has lasted 3 yeas and when i started doing this for my buddy's shop it was what i could afford. and let me tell you people are either blind or just dont care because i swear they come twards the light. ive had state troopers pull over and just sit in their car or chit chat with my while working on stuff. lol. and people dont even move over for them.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Could be a first responder

That needs strobe light lights on a personally owned vehicle???
There are no volunteer first response vehicles anywhere and for many reasons.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
yea i am planning on doing them in the high beams, fogs and reverse lights. i have 6. also need to get a nice led full size light bar some time too... all im running right now is a cheapo mini rotater and its just not cutting it. but hey it has lasted 3 yeas and when i started doing this for my buddy's shop it was what i could afford. and let me tell you people are either blind or just dont care because i swear they come twards the light. ive had state troopers pull over and just sit in their car or chit chat with my while working on stuff. lol. and people dont even move over for them.

If your plan is to run them where there is already existing lights then you question resides in the instructions for the lights. Tap existing wires and use the relays that should be in the kit for the lights.

Ill be an ass here but again. If you drive a vehicle that is equipped with strobe lighting you aren't the one installing it because it isnt a personally owned rig. If it is a personally owned rig its not legal. Just for info purposes.

248superduty

Reaction score

eng53ine

Reaction score
That needs strobe light lights on a personally owned vehicle???
There are no volunteer first response vehicles anywhere and for many reasons.
That's weird not only have I had them and know others that do in personal vehicles that are volunteer first responders

truckman1974

Reaction score
I can tell you that in Louisiana first responders (including volunteer fireman) are permitted to have the lights and sirens in their personal vehicles and permitted to use them while in response to a call.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If your plan is to run them where there is already existing lights then you question resides in the instructions for the lights. Tap existing wires and use the relays that should be in the kit for the lights.

Ill be an ass here but again. If you drive a vehicle that is equipped with strobe lighting you aren't the one installing it because it isnt a personally owned rig. If it is a personally owned rig its not legal. Just for info purposes.

Other then answering the op's question. What i would like to know, is why you would give a rats ass about the legality of such a matter, when it has nothing to do with you, nor will you have any time, money, or anything else invested other then the wasted time to type a confirmation confirming your a asshole about what the op is trying to do?

Are you police,or a Government official of which is designated to directly patrol the interweb looking for light violators? I just don't understand why you made a point in multiple posts to make the op aware that he was in violation, and you didn't even make sure your facts were correct???

Last edited:

248superduty

Reaction score
Other then answering the op's question. What i would like to know, is why you would give a rats ass about the legality of such a matter, when it has nothing to do with you, nor will you have any time, money, or anything else invested other then the wasted time to type a confirmation confirming your a asshole about what the op is trying to do?

Are you police,or a Government official of which is designated to directly patrol the interweb looking for light violators? I just don't understand why you made a point in multiple posts to make the op aware that he was in violation, and you didn't even make sure your facts were correct???

Well said brother. Well said. And from looking at the truck yes they should fit. I'll let yall know when I do the install in a few weeks. Taking some time off to go see the wife.

JD3020

Reaction score

:whs:

Sure is getting butt hurt over something he doesn't know about and doesn't pertain to him. Around here theres a lot of volunteer, all have strobes on their personal vehicles. And most of our trucks and equipment have amber/clear or amber/green strobes. I hate backing trailers in at night, loading equipment on the road, or moving equipment on the road without strobes on everything.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I did a lot of research on this with the consensus being.

Volunteer responders in most states must have a state issued permit to operate any non factory lighting and the lighting is only legally used en route to the station for response to an actual emergency. The type of lighting allowed differs from state to state and for the most part rear facing strobes are a no no.

As for construction vehicles IE plow trucks, material delivery, electric company vehicles and the like. The use of the lights are permitted only when the vehicle is parked in a roadway performing whatever task is causing it to need to be in the road.

Its pretty simple guys. You dont see state plow trucks or electric company trucks rocking disco party lights while in operation on the roadway. The reason you do see LE, actual fire trucks, ambulance and other emergency vehicles with bright flashy lights is because the drivers are highly trained in emergency driving. Joe blo volunteer firemen maxing out his civic with a christmas tree wrapped around it on his way to a bon fire is not only very unsafe its just plain stupid.

Anyways i could give a crap less what anyone does to a truck im just giving advise on how not to receive several citations for improper lighting. That way you dont come back here griping because you where handed a $300 ticket for showing off your sweet stobe lights to that honey next to you at a stop light.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Well said brother. Well said. And from looking at the truck yes they should fit. I'll let yall know when I do the install in a few weeks. Taking some time off to go see the wife.
I would say they will fit, I'd just look it over for the best placement. If it was me I'd go through the side or the bottom, I thought I said that earlier but I guess I got sidetracked. what year truck are you putting them in?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I did a lot of research on this with the consensus being.

Volunteer responders in most states must have a state issued permit to operate any non factory lighting and the lighting is only legally used en route to the station for response to an actual emergency. The type of lighting allowed differs from state to state and for the most part rear facing strobes are a no no.

As for construction vehicles IE plow trucks, material delivery, electric company vehicles and the like. The use of the lights are permitted only when the vehicle is parked in a roadway performing whatever task is causing it to need to be in the road.

Its pretty simple guys. You dont see state plow trucks or electric company trucks rocking disco party lights while in operation on the roadway. The reason you do see LE, actual fire trucks, ambulance and other emergency vehicles with bright flashy lights is because the drivers are highly trained in emergency driving. Joe blo volunteer firemen maxing out his civic with a christmas tree wrapped around it on his way to a bon fire is not only very unsafe its just plain stupid.

Anyways i could give a crap less what anyone does to a truck im just giving advise on how not to receive several citations for improper lighting. That way you dont come back here griping because you where handed a $300 ticket for showing off your sweet stobe lights to that honey next to you at a stop light.

One mention of such advise, ok. I get it. But you have made multiple attempts to point out bogus info in hopes that the op would( see the error of his ways), and not go forward shows that you are on some kind of power trip. Then when it's brought to your attention, you state that " you don't care" but then go right back to enforcing your misguided info.

Just drop it. The op has obviously researched his state, and local law codes, that he posted a few back. So i ask again. WHY DO YOU CARE????? It's non of your business...

But thats just my advise!!!:D

248superduty

Reaction score
Ok so let's get some of this straight. Mr uppity wanna be tough guy torquedouch has no ****ing clue what he is talking about. I clearly stated it was for off highway use as in working on the side of the road on a semi or what have you. Completely legal in my state. Next you start talking about highly trained bla bla bla. Now unless you are going to add good information to this thread gtfo. Oh and drink bleach.

248superduty

Reaction score
I would say they will fit, I'd just look it over for the best placement. If it was me I'd go through the side or the bottom, I thought I said that earlier but I guess I got sidetracked. what year truck are you putting them in?

Putting them in a 2006 F250. And yea looks like they should fit pretty easy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.