How folks liking the 10 speed 6.7's?

BIGGDADDYT

Reaction score
Recently purchased my rig and have to say the go factor on the highway when needed is real nice. I got the Velocity Blue color which seems Ford is only doing for a year, anyone else pick up a new ride?

sootie

Reaction score
Can't stand the 10 speed. I hope I never own one.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Started driving a company F150 today with the 3.5 ego boost and 10 speed. It is noticeably different than everything else that I have driven, but I have never driven the 3.5 before. With an empty truck, it seems to always looking for a better gear when rolling through a corner or starting up a hill. Not a huge thing, just noticed it happening. I was going down some longer hills and when I downshifted through the gears, I was able to get a better option of the downhill speed that I felt comfortable driving at. I have to imagine that the full size performs similar.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Started driving a company F150 today with the 3.5 ego boost and 10 speed. It is noticeably different than everything else that I have driven, but I have never driven the 3.5 before. With an empty truck, it seems to always looking for a better gear when rolling through a corner or starting up a hill. Not a huge thing, just noticed it happening. I was going down some longer hills and when I downshifted through the gears, I was able to get a better option of the downhill speed that I felt comfortable driving at. I have to imagine that the full size performs similar.

2.7s have noticeably better OEM TCM programing.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Can't stand the 10 speed. I hope I never own one.

I agree. I will never buy a vehicle with one. Saw way too many issues when I was at the dealer, didn’t matter if 1k or 30k, they had problems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
That bad?

live life full throttle

Yeah. Hell I am not a trans guy by any stretch of the imagination, and have built 2-3 of them due to the trans guys being backlogged. Those that I’ve built have seemed to smoke the converter, had burned up clutches, and had a decent amount of metal in them, which also damaged the solenoid body.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah. Hell I am not a trans guy by any stretch of the imagination, and have built 2-3 of them due to the trans guys being backlogged. Those that I’ve built have seemed to smoke the converter, had burned up clutches, and had a decent amount of metal in them, which also damaged the solenoid body.

Oh wow. That sucks!

live life full throttle

surfinpig

Reaction score
All 1400 miles on mine seems rock solid! I like how she’ll skip gears when not towing or racing cars. Let’s see when I get to 2k how she’s holding up.
cf1ae2553776de03800e4dcb99412e3a.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
I don't have mine yet, biggest complaint I do hear is during city driving and stop and go, the gear hunting is really really bad. I've driven a 2020 F450 6.7 and we have a company owned 2020 XL F250 RCLB 6.7 that I've driven and I really liked both, but to be fair, I drove each for under 5 miles and then parked it sooo.....fwiw, that's my only experience

Supposedly tuning can fix that though, the trans gear hunting.

Reaction score
The two 10 speeds that I test drove I really liked as well. I personally felt like there was a major uptick in power with those trucks compared to the 17 I ended up buying. But I settled on the 17 because of price, and all the options the KR was ordered with. The Lariet just didn't do it for me. Not gonna lie though, it's nice knowing that I have the 6R140, due to its reputation.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

silent64

Reaction score
Personally I think its the BEST thing Ford has created for heavy towing. The lower first gear ratio takes all the "shutter" out of taking off with a heavy load. Shift points are spot on with the torque range. Three overdrives translates to great mileage (after all, diesels are low rpm, torque engines so why have a low ratio rear for towing when u can gear the trans correctly and have the best of both worlds). I had a '08 6.4 (amazingly never had any problems) that would shake like a dog passing a peach seed taking off, slammed gears when u get on it, and I was always waiting for it to fail, however it never did. Maybe the 10 speeds in the 150 trucks aren't so good, I don't know, but so far I'm more than pleased with my '20 w/355 gears. Tow haul works much better, and the ability to hold the trans in certain gears for climbing long hills beats the hell out of a 6 speed, just my 2 cents.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Tow haul works much better, and the ability to hold the trans in certain gears for climbing long hills beats the hell out of a 6 speed, just my 2 cents.

FWIW, you can do the same with the 6R140. You just have fewer gears to select from. Everything else, I agree with. My 13 has the 3:31 rear option. Not ideal at all for towing.

Reaction score
FWIW, you can do the same with the 6R140. You just have fewer gears to select from. Everything else, I agree with. My 13 has the 3:31 rear option. Not ideal at all for towing.
I remember that being an option, always wondered if that was going too high. Even the thought of a current dually with 3.55 seems out there, but I know it can work. My 96 had 3.55s, and it was a dog towing until I found the right turbo/injector combination. But have to admit, it got the job done well once combo was nailed down. And that was with a zf5 too.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

RSK

Reaction score
FB914156-182A-4D82-B392-711B854607C9.jpeg
620063F1-5998-44CE-B9C4-D9AAA611953C.jpeg
05E36ECA-7A88-41D4-95A2-1ED58F73CC52.jpeg

On my 3rd truck with a 10 speed since 2020, zero issues ever. My first truck was a 21 6.7 with 3.55’s I ordered, drove it for 6 months and 14,000 miles towed all kinds of weight with, truck was awesome on fuel, power and everything, the King ranch interior with the tremor package was amazing. Only reason I sold it was dealer offered me almost 10k over what I paid for it. Next truck was 22 7.3 with 3.73’s and i towed the exact same trailer, and equipment with it and the 10 speed was awesome, I had this one for about 6 months as well and put about 14,000 miles on it and only bought it so i’d have something to drive while I waited for 6.7 platinum to get built which took 8 months. I’ve had the platinum for almost 3 months now and it’s at 7k miles and it’s been flawless towing 15-16k on the regular and even driving all highway i’m seeing a range of 700+ miles to a tank and it’s a short bed with the 34 gallon tank, hand calculated it’s getting between 21-22mpg on cruise control.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
View attachment 186368View attachment 186369View attachment 186370
On my 3rd truck with a 10 speed since 2020, zero issues ever. My first truck was a 21 6.7 with 3.55’s I ordered, drove it for 6 months and 14,000 miles towed all kinds of weight with, truck was awesome on fuel, power and everything, the King ranch interior with the tremor package was amazing. Only reason I sold it was dealer offered me almost 10k over what I paid for it. Next truck was 22 7.3 with 3.73’s and i towed the exact same trailer, and equipment with it and the 10 speed was awesome, I had this one for about 6 months as well and put about 14,000 miles on it and only bought it so i’d have something to drive while I waited for 6.7 platinum to get built which took 8 months. I’ve had the platinum for almost 3 months now and it’s at 7k miles and it’s been flawless towing 15-16k on the regular and even driving all highway i’m seeing a range of 700+ miles to a tank and it’s a short bed with the 34 gallon tank, hand calculated it’s getting between 21-22mpg on cruise control.
😳😳😳holy shitballz! That's amazing!

J98

Reaction score
View attachment 186368View attachment 186369View attachment 186370
What was the mileage like on the 7.3?

Latest posts

Members online