How to get a spe custom tune

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Ok, I have a h&s mini max on my 2011 6.7 powerstroke. I have the full delete exhaust and egr. The next step I want is to get a custom tune. I heard spe has a really good one, so I guess my question is, what are the steps I need to take to get one? Do I have to buy an unlock code from h&s and buy the tune or do I just buy the tune and upload it on my tuner like I did on my old SCT? Is really appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to get what I need and how to set it up. Thanks

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Ok, so I will down load the unlock code to my laptop and then to the programmer? Then download the tune to my laptop and then to the programmer and I'm set?

dseitler

Reaction score
Buy it all from SPE. They will give you a discount if you buy them together. You put the unlock code in your Mini when it ask you too. Just put the card in the reader and plug it into your computer. Download the files from your email to your desktop. Then open up your card and drag the files from your desktop to the Custom file only. Remember the SPE file names you will need to select them when you install. Takes 5 min. Then go to your truck and make sure the mini is switched on all the time by the little switch that is on the small box where the HDMI cord is plugged into. Install the tunes. H&S has instructions how to do that or pm me and I can send it to you.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Personally I have spe tunes and will probably switch over to gear head tunes. I have heard good things about their stuff. Just a personal preference things.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Yea, I'm use to my 6.0. It seems like now that I have a 6.7, a lot has changed. I'm not real sure what all is out there for a 6.7. I'm having to learn some things all over again! Why do you not like the spe tune and why do you prefer gear heads? Like I said I don't really know who all has tunes for these.

stangbang

Reaction score
I can't speak for Gearhead tunes, but I have been running SPE for about 20k miles. I recently towed a heavy load, so I went back to the canned H&S tune. I must have been complacent with the SPE tune, as I was thinking I wasn't that impressed anymore. After switching back to stock H&S, I can really feel a difference. The SPE tune on street setting (I always drive with this setting) feels equal or a little stronger than H&S on performance. I can't wait to load my SPE tune back in.