Ideas for ccv hose

trugertha

Reaction score
So I'm tired of the haze from my ccv relocate. What's everyone doing to hide it? Anyone reroute it to the exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fnlyfree

Reaction score
Mine is routed into my exhaust. I used an extra Darkhorse Diesel kit I had lying around. Same kit on my 6.4. Easy install.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Why not just add it back to the intake? The ccv re routed does absolutly nothing, it helps your turbo if anything by keeping oil vapor on the wheel/bearings.

Jmuck

Reaction score
Has anyone ever run a catch can when doing this mod? Coming from the land of LS engines we always use a catch can. My vette has dual -10 hoses from each valve cover to a big ass vented (with a small k&n filter) can I built.

trugertha

Reaction score
I have a catch can I made on mine. Does nothing for haze just keeps the drips off the drive way.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
The Racor 4500 or 6000 series crankcase filters are a good option. Mount it on a frame rail, run th4 hose, and it will kill the biggest majority of the smell.

Jmuck

Reaction score
I have a catch can I made on mine. Does nothing for haze just keeps the drips off the drive way.

Do you have any kind of media in the can? I use a combination of steel wool and scrubbing sponges and have very very little haze compared to no media in the can.

trugertha

Reaction score
Do you have any kind of media in the can? I use a combination of steel wool and scrubbing sponges and have very very little haze compared to no media in the can.

I have fine steel wool in there right now. I'll try a sponge!

jwalk09

Reaction score
I did the cheaper kit h&s offers that keeps the box and let's you adapt a hose to vent to the atmosphere and a plug for the intake. This way the box acts as a catch can and not as much oil vapor gets dumped out like a full delet* kit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if you guys aren't running the hose from the catch can back to the intake or to the exhaust to help pull the ccg out then you will build pressure and it is hard on the seals..... if no catch can then route the hose to the front of the motor and the fan will neep the smell down and wont be a haze...

live life full throttle

jwalk09

Reaction score
if you guys aren't running the hose from the catch can back to the intake or to the exhaust to help pull the ccg out then you will build pressure and it is hard on the seals..... if no catch can then route the hose to the front of the motor and the fan will neep the smell down and wont be a haze...

live life full throttle
First time I've heard of a ccv reroute to the atmosphere being harmful? Any other thoughts on this ?

jwalk09

Reaction score
Nvm I see that your talking about a catch can. So keeping the ccv box in place and rerouting the hose will make it build pressure ?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
First time I've heard of a ccv reroute to the atmosphere being harmful? Any other thoughts on this ?

only when you are using something as a filter.. if its open(no can) then it is somewhat ok..

live life full throttle

Reaction score

live life full throttle

Until I see hard data showing otherwise, I don't believe running a catch can causes back pressure in the crankcase as long as the catch can isn't undersized. Catch cans are not restrictive if they are properly sized. I've spent hundreds of hours on motors testing crankcase vacuum and pressure on high performance motors and have never seen the slightest hint of pressure caused by a catch can.

The key is, again, making sure you are using the correct size catch can/fittings. make sure the catch can fitting size matches or is greater than the CCV outlet and you won't have an issue.

Some will argue that, by the factory running the CCV into the intake, these motors need vacuum. The reason they run it into the intake is simply for emissions. Keeping oil vapors from being released to the atmosphere was the intention.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Until I see hard data showing otherwise, I don't believe running a catch can causes back pressure in the crankcase as long as the catch can isn't undersized. Catch cans are not restrictive if they are properly sized. I've spent hundreds of hours on motors testing crankcase vacuum and pressure on high performance motors and have never seen the slightest hint of pressure caused by a catch can.

The key is, again, making sure you are using the correct size catch can/fittings. make sure the catch can fitting size matches or is greater than the CCV outlet and you won't have an issue.

Some will argue that, by the factory running the CCV into the intake, these motors need vacuum. The reason they run it into the intake is simply for emissions. Keeping oil vapors from being released to the atmosphere was the intention.
i get what you are saying and it also depends on what material is being used as a filter.. i spent a few years helping a guy build a few bbc motors that delt with steve morris racing out of michigan and we found that it needs and benefits it to have some sort of vacuum on it..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online