Let's hear your burger recipe

ja_cain

Reaction score
Unless you had some heat on the burger meaning the tzatziki would cool the pie hole.

Maybe a thin burger cooked on a flat iron that could be crisped up nice. Then get some tandoor spices and make the burger some accompanying flavors and.serve it on naan or falafel.
Sounds great! Going to do some einkorn naan sometime in the future.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Just looked up the tzatziki an I think I remember that on the gyros (sp?) I used to buy on the streets whenever we ported in Greece. I loved the sauce and the gyros. Probably my favorite street food while being deployed. Now I need to make me some naan.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just looked up the tzatziki an I think I remember that on the gyros (sp?) I used to buy on the streets whenever we ported in Greece. I loved the sauce and the gyros. Probably my favorite street food while being deployed. Now I need to make me some naan.

Yes it is Greek ketchup! Ha ha....that stuff is actually insanely good for you.

Heres another you HAVE to try!

Get some fresh tuna steaks. Specify an inch thick!

Mix 2tbsp of oil(I use evoo because we have it) and 1tbsp of lime juice. Brush the sides and edges of the steaks. Then on a small plate mix white and black sesame seeds. Roll the edge of each steak in seeds.until.coated. Get a grill screaming hot and sear both sides of the tuna. Once the meat will lift, isnt stuck, flip immediately! We're going for an jntense sear and equally intense red interior. Remove. Rest time.

Either prepare or purchase cabbage and carrots mixed in a fine shred. Offer pickled ginger. Also warm hoisin sauce for drizzle or dip.

Lastly, you'll need a vehicle for the accoutrements. I like to either serve as an hoers d'oeuvres with freshly, flash fried wonton triangles(think using as a cracker for salami and.cheese) or in the instance you want to pull this off as a wrap, use sometype of flour wrap or ive even used pan warmed corn tortillas.

Heres my method. You need to slice fairly thinly,the tuna after a 20 min rest. You will take a wonton, stack cabbage mix, stack some ahi tuna, stack pickled ginger.atop the ahi, and then drizzle some of the hoisin over.all that. Place in mouth and drift away. Questioning everything you've eaten until.that point.

If you choose to wrap 'er up. I prefer peanut satay sauce instead of the hoisin.

ja_cain

Reaction score

Mix 2tbsp of oil(I use evoo because we have it) and 1tbsp of lime juice. Brush the sides and edges of the steaks. Then on a small plate mix white and black sesame seeds. Roll the edge of each steak in seeds.until.coated. Get a grill screaming hot and sear both sides of the tuna. Once the meat will lift, isnt stuck, flip immediately! We're going for an jntense sear and equally intense red interior. Remove. Rest time.

Either prepare or purchase cabbage and carrots mixed in a fine shred. Offer pickled ginger. Also warm hoisin sauce for drizzle or dip.

Lastly, you'll need a vehicle for the accoutrements. I like to either serve as an hoers d'oeuvres with freshly, flash fried wonton triangles(think using as a cracker for salami and.cheese) or in the instance you want to pull this off as a wrap, use sometype of flour wrap or ive even used pan warmed corn tortillas.

Heres my method. You need to slice fairly thinly,the tuna after a 20 min rest. You will take a wonton, stack cabbage mix, stack some ahi tuna, stack pickled ginger.atop the ahi, and then drizzle some of the hoisin over.all that. Place in mouth and drift away. Questioning everything you've eaten until.that point.

If you choose to wrap 'er up. I prefer peanut satay sauce instead of the hoisin.
That sounds awesome Ty! I love me some seared tuna steaks.

I wonder if rice paper dipped in warm water would make a good wrap with those ingredients? I make rolls this way all the time and might try it that way. I guess it would be a little like sushi. I think I've had that peanut sauce before and really liked it. Will try to make this next weekend. Thanks for sharing.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I believe the satay is just soy sauce and peanut butter mixed together under heat.

Ive been water mouthed thinking about pad thai, sans tofu, and basil chicken here lately.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Burger=80% beef, garlic, salt, and fire. Done. Ok Im just being an asshloe.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Saw this today and definitely don't agree with all of them. "50 Best Burger Recipes"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/recipes/the-50-best-burger-recipes/ss-AAaZM7Z

I read through that. Ive kinda gone the other way in the last 5 years. I used to constantly try new stuff and burgers were no exception. But now its trendy to do goofy crap and every little shti dive that used to have a great fried burger now is trying to put truffle oil and endive on a burger on an "artisan" bun. Im all like "what happened to the white trash bun and basket of chips"? Had to plead to get the a1! LOL

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I like this recipe LOL

1b487fa86ad468d26397a0c6bf490164.jpg

cbf9703

Reaction score
I read through that. Ive kinda gone the other way in the last 5 years. I used to constantly try new stuff and burgers were no exception. But now its trendy to do goofy crap and every little shti dive that used to have a great fried burger now is trying to put truffle oil and endive on a burger on an "artisan" bun. Im all like "what happened to the white trash bun and basket of chips"? Had to plead to get the a1! LOL
Agreed.

My burgers really haven't changed much in the last 5-10 years. Can't mess with perfection. :shrug: LOL

I like this recipe LOL

1b487fa86ad468d26397a0c6bf490164.jpg
That's awesome! I think we need a new rat pack.

Str8Ugly

Reaction score

instead of the hoisin sauce, get some wasabi, add some oil, some cilantro, and a touch of fresh ginger and throw it in a blender and drizzle that over the wonton/tuna steak with a little cabbage thinly sliced on top maybe some bean sprouts

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
i guess i have a basic ass burger
93/7 beef or turkey
sprinkle with tonys cajun seasoning
add allegro

i know earlier yall were talking about buns, next time throw a bagel in the toster and use it as a bun, its amazing

slowcoupe

Reaction score
It is 8:58 in the am and I literally just slurped spit back into my mouth it was watering so much.

My favorite has always been just a 50/50 burger (lean ground and bacon) some lawrys seasoning and an egg or 2.

TyCorr

Reaction score
instead of the hoisin sauce, get some wasabi, add some oil, some cilantro, and a touch of fresh ginger and throw it in a blender and drizzle that over the wonton/tuna steak with a little cabbage thinly sliced on top maybe some bean sprouts

Just saw this. Sorry.

Dont care for wasabi. I like hoisin sauce, pickled ginger, soy sauce, and peanut satay. Strangely i like horseradish but not wasabi. Nir do I like that white crap from Arbys. As soon as you tell someone you like horseradish they usually say "you like that horsey sauce". Ummm no.

Chuckfx250

Reaction score
Old thread i know but there are some very good sounding mixes here. Thought i would add mine!
I dont measure anything just go by what looks good.
2 lbs 90/10 ground beef (makes 4-6)
Onions, chopped up bacon mixed in BBQ sauce of your choice and precooked prior to adding to the beef.
Add in some Fetta or blue cheese or both
Then add in some pineapple
When putting them on the grill i add some butter on top and let it melt right in!
Throw it on a potato bun and add some more cheese and bobs your uncle!

Redrock2000

Reaction score
Lubbock Texas by way of Detroit ( birthplace unfor
80/20 Texas raised Angus beef. Course ground salt and pepper. Fire kissed and seared over a real mesquite fire. After searing both sides remove from direct flame and finish to preferred temp. Beautiful smoke ring great flavor. I always get responses like what did you mix, season or put on that burger? Man they're good.

dsberman94

Reaction score
1/3 pound patty of home raised angus/Holstein beef. Cooked to med-rare. Buttered and toasted potato roll. Slice of cheese, couple pickles on the bottom, tiny squirt of ketchup on top. That’s all it needs to be perfect.

Latest posts

Members online