Low Fuel Pressure and Entering Reduced Power Mode

sagebel

Reaction score
I these to messages on the dash Sunday morning. It was -8 Saturday and Sunday morning. Normally the truck parks in the heated garage. Did the fuel gel? That was my thought so I drove to NAPA and bought a white bottle of Power Service and poured the whole bottle in. The truck was then parked in the 68 degree garage. I towed today (very light) and the truck had plenty of power although the engine light is still lit on the dash. I tried to look for codes with forscan and could not get connected. How do I get connected? I also went to the dealer and bought a fuel filter kit. I plan to change the frame rail filter tomorrow. Thoughts?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Change both filters but yes it sounded like you gelled/waxed.

Sometimes there is evidence of this even after the fuel has fully thawed. Look for yellow wax in the media when you remove the filter.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You should've already had a good treatment in your fuel to avoid it from gelling from the get.

Alliant Power
Stanadyne
Howes

Whatever your flavor.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
That shit is liquid death. It's combustible as **** like to the point of causing pre ignition.

It's called 911 for a reason. Only to be used in emergency and even in a common rail especially cp4 I wouldn't recommend it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
But when this happened you didn't have any additive in the fuel?

sagebel

Reaction score
Ok, I just changed out the filters. I am not a fan of the new filter design down on the frame. There was definitely some gelled fuel on the frame mounted filter. I will gut the engine filter tomorrow. Now, how do I clear the engine light on the dash???

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.