Mileage on newer 6.7s...

ToMang07

Reaction score
So.... single digit mileage is killing me.... and with gas approaching $4/gal a I'm debating a new diesel.

In another month or 2 (after plowing season) if the market is still hot I think I'll trade in my 17 RCLB 6.2 on a 22 CCLB Diesel, if I build/ order what I want I should walk away owing about $60k.

What kinda mileage you 250/350 folks seeing on highway driving? (Not necessarily interstate, just not city)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joebuck

Reaction score
Not sure if your truck your trading in is paid for or not but in case it isn’t you will be in the same boat or worse because now you will have a payment on top of rising fuel prices. I get it the new trucks get way better fuel mileage then the older ones but one extra tank a month or even week is still cheaper then a payment IMO. Just something to think about

ToMang07

Reaction score
Not sure if your truck your trading in is paid for or not but in case it isn’t you will be in the same boat or worse because now you will have a payment on top of rising fuel prices. I get it the new trucks get way better fuel mileage then the older ones but one extra tank a month or even week is still cheaper then a payment IMO. Just something to think about
I'd make 10 grand just trading my truck right now

6.7Bison

Reaction score
Can't directly answer your question, but my '11 CCSB 6.7 gets 18-19 mpg highway. I would think the 10 speed and aluminum body should put you further ahead yet. If you are ordering and wanting to maximize fuel mileage make sure to pay attention to the rear end gear ratio and wheel choices. Those will make a big difference in mpg. I am assuming if you have a 6.2 you may not miss the added benefits of a higher numerical rear gear ratio for towing as just switching to the diesel will make up a lot for that.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'd make 10 grand just trading my truck right now

And paying more than 10k due to current market.

My buddy works at a dealer and everything he's sold in the last few months are $15-$40k OVER MSRP

ToMang07

Reaction score
And paying more than 10k due to current market.

My buddy works at a dealer and everything he's sold in the last few months are $15-$40k OVER MSRP
Which is why you have to order. If you wait for something on the lot.... you're gonna pay way over. Pretty sad when MSRP is the goal. ...

ToMang07

Reaction score
Can't directly answer your question, but my '11 CCSB 6.7 gets 18-19 mpg highway. I would think the 10 speed and aluminum body should put you further ahead yet. If you are ordering and wanting to maximize fuel mileage make sure to pay attention to the rear end gear ratio and wheel choices. Those will make a big difference in mpg. I am assuming if you have a 6.2 you may not miss the added benefits of a higher numerical rear gear ratio for towing as just switching to the diesel will make up a lot for that.
Yeah, I figured 3.31s with the 10 speed would be better for mileage, I don't tow heavy often. My 6.2 has 4.30s.... great for towing, but highway speed you can watch the gas gauge wave at you, lol

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I had a 460 that waved the fuel gauge too. I ordered a 2022 F350 last summer and still no build date. I check every month or so and maybe it will show up some day. If a guy had to have a new truck because one was totaled or stolen, it would be pretty sad

ToMang07

Reaction score
I had a 460 that waved the fuel gauge too. I ordered a 2022 F350 last summer and still no build date. I check every month or so and maybe it will show up some day. If a guy had to have a new truck because one was totaled or stolen, it would be pretty sad
Now that's my only worry, I'd need it by winter for plowing.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Rolling heavy (25klbs) I get just a little better than 10mpg towing this rig at 70-75mph. Lock it in 5th and let her eat.

Empty at 80mph it used to get 16mpg on 37x12.5R22 Ridge Grapplers.

I just upgraded to the same tire in a 13.5 wide and mileage dropped to 14mpg empty. Haven't towed with it yet.

My lie-o-meter is slightly optimistic when I hand calc, but when I add 5% for the oversize tires the meter becomes pretty accurate. Chaos tunes. I would really like to try Proven tunes.

Dropping speed into the 60s makes a HUGE difference in mpg. Truck is aerodynamic like a brick. If traffic is breaking the wind (like with lots of Semis in front of me), and speeds are lower, 55-60 it'll see 18-19mpg. This so rarely happens IDK if it's even worth mentioning.

Luv this truck, but with the current price of fuel closing in on $4/gal due to Chyna Joe Dip$hit and his cronies and I may have to leave ole piglet here in the garage :(. I would much rather drive my truck than wifey's Expy. The Expy gets 18mpg at highway speeds.

IMG_20200607_144858.jpg

ToMang07

Reaction score
Rolling heavy (25klbs) I get just a little better than 10mpg towing this rig at 70-75mph. Lock it in 5th and let her eat.

Empty at 80mph it used to get 16mpg on 37x12.5R22 Ridge Grapplers.

I just upgraded to the same tire in a 13.5 wide and mileage dropped to 14mpg empty. Haven't towed with it yet.

My lie-o-meter is slightly optimistic when I hand calc, but when I add 5% for the oversize tires the meter becomes pretty accurate. Chaos tunes. I would really like to try Proven tunes.

Dropping speed into the 60s makes a HUGE difference in mpg. Truck is aerodynamic like a brick. If traffic is breaking the wind (like with lots of Semis in front of me), and speeds are lower, 55-60 it'll see 18-19mpg. This so rarely happens IDK if it's even worth mentioning.

Luv this truck, but with the current price of fuel closing in on $4/gal due to Chyna Joe Dip$hit and his cronies and I may have to leave ole piglet here in the garage :(. I would much rather drive my truck than wifey's Expy. The Expy gets 18mpg at highway speeds.

View attachment 116217
Actually that's about perfect, thanks. I drive generally 55-65 max most of the time, rarely interstate or city.

sagebel

Reaction score
I bought a CCLB 4x4 Platinum PSD in August. 3.55 gears. My best trip was 21 MPG. I was running pretty light, no trailer and cruise set at 74mph. Truck had about 10k miles on it then.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I bought a CCLB 4x4 Platinum PSD in August. 3.55 gears. My best trip was 21 MPG. I was running pretty light, no trailer and cruise set at 74mph. Truck had about 10k miles on it then.
What is your average, if you don't mind?

ToMang07

Reaction score
Well, went to order today and walked out. Probably won't be getting a 22 anyway, since they are closing orders soon. ****in dealers low balled the trade bad. Like 10k under KBB, NADA, and Carfax. So **** it. I'll wash it up, take some pics and try to sell it locally, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Well, went to order today and walked out. Probably won't be getting a 22 anyway, since they are closing orders soon. ****in dealers low balled the trade bad. Like 10k under KBB, NADA, and Carfax. So **** it. I'll wash it up, take some pics and try to sell it locally, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tried to buy my wife a 21 Expedition and they did the same thing. Same dealer where I bought my truck from! Told me sticker for Expedition and $10k less on trade. She has a 2019 Explorer Sport with 32k miles and it's spotless.

Latest posts

Members online