Moving to Pittsburgh, PA

Txpsd

Reaction score
Hey all,

I will be moving to Pittsburgh for work here in the next month or so. I am most likely going to be living in Mount Washington. I have come to notice that garages are harder and harder to come by the closer you move into the city.

That being said, I wanted to see if anyone knew of a garage or a shop that I could rent or borrow to store my truck in during certain months. I have a car that I commute to and from work in, but it would be nice to have a garage to store the truck in and have space to work on it when I wanted to do a weekend project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know absolutely nothing about the East Coast.

Txpsd

Reaction score
Any specific reason you're moving onto Mt Washington? Other than the AWESOME view?

Well, no reason in particular. It was just where I am looking based on 1 person's opinion. I will actually be working in Canonsburg, so I figured I would stay south of the city to save on commute time. I at least wanted to be on the south side of the bridges. I am youngish (25) and single, so I want to be somewhat close to any nightlife/social scene.

Did you have any suggestions? I have literally never been north of the Mason-Dixon line. I was born and raised in Fort Worth, TX, went to college in Oklahoma, and currently live in Denver, CO. So please, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Right now, my assignment over there is for a year... but could go longer once that's up.

fine69

Reaction score
My Washington is nice but it can VERY expensive! Canonsburg is along Interstate 79, so you can totally avoid downtown if you wanted to live somewhere more affordable. As far as places to go, the South Side of Pittsburgh is without a doubt the best place to go. It's close to 4 Colleges and a lot of Hospitals, (nurses)!

Txpsd

Reaction score
My Washington is nice but it can VERY expensive! Canonsburg is along Interstate 79, so you can totally avoid downtown if you wanted to live somewhere more affordable. As far as places to go, the South Side of Pittsburgh is without a doubt the best place to go. It's close to 4 Colleges and a lot of Hospitals, (nurses)!

I hear ya on expensive, but I am living in downtown Denver right now. I can't imagine it being what I currently pay ($1400/month + utilities) to live downtown. Maybe I'm wrong though?

Latest posts

Members online