moving to valencia

aruss0311

Reaction score
moving to valencia at the beginning of next month. was wondering if there was any shops in the area.

aruss0311

Reaction score
just any type of shops. im from northern cali so dont really know whats around the area. any performance shops or reliable shops in the area?

aruss0311

Reaction score
right now i need someone to look at it. i think my turbo is sticking but not too sure if its that or could just be a boost leak

Stroke_this

Reaction score
thanks. it will be a drive but hows the service. reasonable prices?
If I remember there shop rate was around 90. There turnaround was very reasonable. We actually started using them for service on all our shop trucks and have been very happy with there service on every truck we have brought to them. The guys were great to deal with and were more then happy to show us the shop and other projects they were working on. If you call or stop by tell them you know Dan with ERSI. They were the ones that fixed the issues from the last shop that turned wrenches on my dually and also brought some other concerns to my attention for my up and coming cross country trip.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
ultimate truck in Camarillo. Hands down the best shop in the area.

aruss0311

Reaction score
thank you for all the shops. beginning of june i will be living in the area. hopefully there is a gtg and i can meet some of you all

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree with this more.

Yeah I heard a story about some one from New York , I assume that's you . Don't know what to tell you. That being said , I have done about 5 complete engine builds there with no issues and spent $20000 or more. I have 2 current engine builds going there now. Nobody is perfect and everybody has a bad experience somewhere. I , fortunately haven't had a bad experience there , and the amount of trucks in their shop consistently tells me they're doing something right. Anyway , they've done me right and I have what I would assume is way more experience with diesel shops than your average bear. Please tell what happened. Thanks !

Stroke_this

Reaction score
Yeah I heard a story about some one from New York , I assume that's you . Don't know what to tell you. That being said , I have done about 5 complete engine builds there with no issues and spent $20000 or more. I have 2 current engine builds going there now. Nobody is perfect and everybody has a bad experience somewhere. I , fortunately haven't had a bad experience there , and the amount of trucks in their shop consistently tells me they're doing something right. Anyway , they've done me right and I have what I would assume is way more experience with diesel shops than your average bear. Please tell what happened. Thanks !

I had called around to a few of the suggested shops to discuss what I wanted done to the truck. This was to include a install of a irate t-4 kit, I/C, e-fuel, change glow plugs and service the balance of the system and a t-500. The understanding was to give the truck a once over and as all the parts would be there before time of install a quick turnaround. This was due to the fact that the truck needed to make it back to the east coast before snow fell. This has been sometime now so I'm not going to quote dates and durations are subject to a give or take.

I decided after your recommendation and talking with a few shops that ultimate truck would be where I took my truck. I finished gathering all the parts and what I ordered was drop shipped to their shop. I took the drive up to drop the truck off and talk to Morgan face to face. Seemed like a nice enough guy talked about the truck and he tooted his horn a bit. The understanding was that their was a budget of 3k and a phone call was all that was needed to discuss Any unearthed issues. A three week schedule was agreed upon and price was agreed and Morgan told me that he was friends with Joey and would source the HPOP. We shuck hands and I was on my way.

At times contact was prolly made by each of us to check in and what not. He expressed his frustration with the irate kit and questioned whether it was for a OBS or a superduty. I called jake at whites where the kit was ordered from and also jake at irate to verify everything checked out. I picked their brains for a bit and both offered any help and said they would be more then happy to talk with Morgan and offer any incite. I relayed this back to Morgan and I think he was to proud to reach out.

Morgan called one day and asked what I thought about swapping the valve cover gasket from a superduty as it was a better setup and he had a trick install. I said sure that will be great was worried a out the system as it gets cold back home anything to improve would be a great addition. A phone call somewhere in the mist of all this continued to tell me how much he was struggling with the irate kit and the almost 80 personal hours of work he had in and was going to work with me as he said he was going to do it.

Now I'm sure I will miss some details however I will sum it up a bit to not drag it on. Glow plugs were never replaced and system was never serviced. I was told once on the phone and once in person that it was. I strongly believe that the t-500 pump was used. I have no evidence to support this other then a gut feeling. I/c install seemed to be clean no issues to date. E-fuel system was only set 19psi didn't show symptoms till I had my camper hooked up. Fuel pump was used and was extremely loud. Lasted a couple weeks before it was replaced. Most fuel lines from their age were at a point where they needed to be replaced and were never brought to my attention or replaced as far the e-fuel install. The fuel system employs only one filter for the system. While 2 may not be completely necessary I believe it to be the Industry standard. As far as the irate kit I was told it was slightly rubbing and still had a small clearance issue mind you the 80 hours of fab time and completely reworking the downpipe. It was rubbing on the upper bell housing bolt and eventually turned I to such a vibration it would run the teeth out of your mouth.

My truck was at his shop for 3 mths as I started to plead with him to get my truck back so I could get some miles on it to work out any bugs before the cross country trip. 3 mths and these are the issues I had to deal with. When I picked my tru k up he went over it for a quick minute as I really just wanted to get on my way I paid the 3500 we had talked in cash and took no receipt as I thought I was headed to ny and figured that was bed for both of us.

The extra 500 was to go toward having to drop the tranny fix I crimped line that was found and flush the system. Crimp wasn't fixed and I' m highly doubtful that the fluid was flushed. I will give home the Benicia of the doubt because I didn't do my do diligence to check it out.

Now it took a little bit of time for some of these issues to rear the ugly head. We had a project completed at powerhouse for one of our work trucks and decided to take it there to diagnose my truck falling on its face while my 5th wheel was hooked up. I will say I did get a few phone calls to come look at things that they knew had been installed to show the power workmanship and I found plenty on my own. Fuel lines where made pressures were sent and 6 hours of fab time and a new down pipe as the one on the truck was completely unusable. Fuel pump noise was pointed out but wasn't changed till it **** the bed 2 weeks later. The shop also pointed out other concerns for a cross country trip that I would have otherwise never k own about somewhere fixed and some I fixed when I got the truck home.

I was to discussed with all the issues, I decided I would be money and aggravation ahead to have someone complete the job that had just completed a job for us as apposed to letting someone that has told me how good they are and how much pride they take in their work try and fix all the issues I had. If it was one thing I would have brought it up but almost everything he touched needed to be fixed.

I to I'm interested in the story of the guy from ny you were told. If you do speak with him I hope you bring this to his attention As I will admit I did not.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I had called around to a few of the suggested shops to discuss what I wanted done to the truck. This was to include a install of a irate t-4 kit, I/C, e-fuel, change glow plugs and service the balance of the system and a t-500. The understanding was to give the truck a once over and as all the parts would be there before time of install a quick turnaround. This was due to the fact that the truck needed to make it back to the east coast before snow fell. This has been sometime now so I'm not going to quote dates and durations are subject to a give or take.

I decided after your recommendation and talking with a few shops that ultimate truck would be where I took my truck. I finished gathering all the parts and what I ordered was drop shipped to their shop. I took the drive up to drop the truck off and talk to Morgan face to face. Seemed like a nice enough guy talked about the truck and he tooted his horn a bit. The understanding was that their was a budget of 3k and a phone call was all that was needed to discuss Any unearthed issues. A three week schedule was agreed upon and price was agreed and Morgan told me that he was friends with Joey and would source the HPOP. We shuck hands and I was on my way.

At times contact was prolly made by each of us to check in and what not. He expressed his frustration with the irate kit and questioned whether it was for a OBS or a superduty. I called jake at whites where the kit was ordered from and also jake at irate to verify everything checked out. I picked their brains for a bit and both offered any help and said they would be more then happy to talk with Morgan and offer any incite. I relayed this back to Morgan and I think he was to proud to reach out.

Morgan called one day and asked what I thought about swapping the valve cover gasket from a superduty as it was a better setup and he had a trick install. I said sure that will be great was worried a out the system as it gets cold back home anything to improve would be a great addition. A phone call somewhere in the mist of all this continued to tell me how much he was struggling with the irate kit and the almost 80 personal hours of work he had in and was going to work with me as he said he was going to do it.

Now I'm sure I will miss some details however I will sum it up a bit to not drag it on. Glow plugs were never replaced and system was never serviced. I was told once on the phone and once in person that it was. I strongly believe that the t-500 pump was used. I have no evidence to support this other then a gut feeling. I/c install seemed to be clean no issues to date. E-fuel system was only set 19psi didn't show symptoms till I had my camper hooked up. Fuel pump was used and was extremely loud. Lasted a couple weeks before it was replaced. Most fuel lines from their age were at a point where they needed to be replaced and were never brought to my attention or replaced as far the e-fuel install. The fuel system employs only one filter for the system. While 2 may not be completely necessary I believe it to be the Industry standard. As far as the irate kit I was told it was slightly rubbing and still had a small clearance issue mind you the 80 hours of fab time and completely reworking the downpipe. It was rubbing on the upper bell housing bolt and eventually turned I to such a vibration it would run the teeth out of your mouth.

My truck was at his shop for 3 mths as I started to plead with him to get my truck back so I could get some miles on it to work out any bugs before the cross country trip. 3 mths and these are the issues I had to deal with. When I picked my tru k up he went over it for a quick minute as I really just wanted to get on my way I paid the 3500 we had talked in cash and took no receipt as I thought I was headed to ny and figured that was bed for both of us.

The extra 500 was to go toward having to drop the tranny fix I crimped line that was found and flush the system. Crimp wasn't fixed and I' m highly doubtful that the fluid was flushed. I will give home the Benicia of the doubt because I didn't do my do diligence to check it out.

Now it took a little bit of time for some of these issues to rear the ugly head. We had a project completed at powerhouse for one of our work trucks and decided to take it there to diagnose my truck falling on its face while my 5th wheel was hooked up. I will say I did get a few phone calls to come look at things that they knew had been installed to show the power workmanship and I found plenty on my own. Fuel lines where made pressures were sent and 6 hours of fab time and a new down pipe as the one on the truck was completely unusable. Fuel pump noise was pointed out but wasn't changed till it **** the bed 2 weeks later. The shop also pointed out other concerns for a cross country trip that I would have otherwise never k own about somewhere fixed and some I fixed when I got the truck home.

I was to discussed with all the issues, I decided I would be money and aggravation ahead to have someone complete the job that had just completed a job for us as apposed to letting someone that has told me how good they are and how much pride they take in their work try and fix all the issues I had. If it was one thing I would have brought it up but almost everything he touched needed to be fixed.

I to I'm interested in the story of the guy from ny you were told. If you do speak with him I hope you bring this to his attention As I will admit I did not.

yeah I will point him here. I have done a tremendous amount of business with him, with no issues of yet. I would certainly not refer anyone to him believing anything the otherwise . I am a man of integrity and honesty, anyone here will probably concur with that I hope. theres always issues at some point when it comes to stuff like this, mistakes are made without a doubt.

Stroke_this

Reaction score
yeah I will point him here. I have done a tremendous amount of business with him, with no issues of yet. I would certainly not refer anyone to him believing anything the otherwise . I am a man of integrity and honesty, anyone here will probably concur with that I hope. theres always issues at some point when it comes to stuff like this, mistakes are made without a doubt.

I'm glad that you have had good luck ,and believe you had good intentions when you recommended me the shop. This recommendation is also why in the end i choose the shop. I however must have been a exception. I will be the first to admit that there are 2 sides to every story and tried to represent my experience without malice , and knowing the shop doesn't have representation here tried to give what I believe is a factual account of my experience. Myself personally can not and would not recommend this shop to anyone based upon my personal experience.

Latest posts

Members online