Need some advice, buying 6.4 with built engine

Moosef350

Reaction score
Need some 6.4 guys advice, I'm looking to buy a 08 f250 ccsb KR 4x4. It's southern and totally rust free 190k on body. 5k on fresh engine.
Engine build includes.
Kdd overhaul kit with maxx7 coated pistons.
Colt cams stage 2
Kdd o-ring heads.
Mishimoto oil cooler.
Snb intake.
High flow exhaust
Rudy's heavy s.s. up pipes.
EGR coolers fell off.
New oem rockers, hpfp, hfcm,injectors,
Sct livewire ts with only a 50hp tow tune
New radiator .
Snb poly body mounts.
All parts above put in at 190k. 23k price.
Is this a good buy ? that will be reliable if left alone?
I would use it as my daily and towing 9000lb camper during summer months.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220130-103258.png
    Screenshot_20220130-103258.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 78

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If the egr cooler fell off the same time as the dpf pipe. Then that parts good to go.

The only thing I would want to change is the torque converter. Other than that I would say it should be very reliable. As long as the tune is good.

For what is done to the engine, I would say it's a good price. The miles on the pickup would not bother me one bit. I would still look at changing the TC.

Who wrote the tune?

Moosef350

Reaction score
The seller claims the little power shop. Thanks for the heads up on the converter. Also the seller said he had the thermostats left out. That shouldn't be a big deal right?

Racer71

Reaction score
Similar to my build but I did billet rods injectors and .020 over bore. Should be good, I like my truck but I agree on the torque converter. My trans feels vague with only 87k miles compared to the one in my 6.0 which was a revmax build by me with a converter. I’m hoping some good tunes will help the issue. I’m in a canned sct tune till I can find someone to write me some tunes for the injector/turbo combo I’m running

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I absolutely hate built trucks especially when they were just built and just being sold.

But if you are doing work yourself or know a good mechanic that specials in these then that helps.

And that's dumb as hell. It needs tstats immediately.

Racer71

Reaction score
I too am curious why stats aren’t in it, depending on local climate. I think most throw a motor together and off the truck before it happens again. If done right it should last indefinitely assuming the aforementioned items were actually used. Hell a guy could’ve put one or two new pistons in on the chewed cylinders and be trying to send it

Moosef350

Reaction score
I asked why they were left out, according to the seller he had mishimoto ones and heard they fail quickly, left them out so he could drive it and put motorcrafts in. He said the heat still works fine so he hasn't worried about it. I told him I'll need motorcraft units put in before I'll buy it.

joebuck

Reaction score
Does he have receipts for all parts and work done? I agree with Racer71 that’s some people put them back together saying they have all these things done and could be some salvage parts and he’s trying to off it quickly, I would be very skeptical if he doesn’t have receipts and work slips for any/all of the parts and work done.

Moosef350

Reaction score
Yeah, I have all the receipts. Overhaul kit, cam and heads all from kdd. All mahle gaskets. New injectors from swamps. Hpfp and hfcm from local Ford. Etc. The slip from the local shop that did the work. That's why I'm asking you guys that know these engines. I know 7.3. I really like this truck and would like it to work. But I don't want someone else's problem either.

Moosef350

Reaction score
Just parts warranty's from the before mentioned parts houses. And workman's warranty for 6 months. When it gets the tstats and checks out I'm going go for it

Latest posts

Members online