NEW! - 7.3L Dipstick Adapter Repair Kit

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Sorry, no big horsepower from this one...but we still thought this product was pretty darn cool. The website explains it in more detail, but in short...it's a true solution to the leak problems with the factory dipstick adapter and it eliminates the need to remove the engine/oil pan to repair the leak properly.

For what it's worth, the hardest part of the install will be removing the nut from a stock adapter with messed up threads or that has been "fixed" before with silicone or epoxy. Once the stock junk has been removed, installation (and removal should it need to be serviced) is fast and easy, requires no special tools and never requires removal of the engine or oil pan.

http://shop.strictlydiesel.com/store.php/products/dipstick_adapter_repair_kit

Let us know if you've got any questions.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Very Cool! Does it expand in the rear or just have a gripping claw or something in the back?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
The stock adapter just gets left in the bottom of the oil pan?

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Hmm I may need this because mine is as loose as a $2 whore. Idk anything about changing the tube out or anything but from what i have heard you have to either cut the pan or pull the engine. Which I dont have the capabilities to do either. Id like more info on this...

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Very Cool! Does it expand in the rear or just have a gripping claw or something in the back?
No expanding, it's got a backplate that moves and grabs the pan.

The stock adapter just gets left in the bottom of the oil pan?
Yup

Hmm I may need this because mine is as loose as a $2 whore. Idk anything about changing the tube out or anything but from what i have heard you have to either cut the pan or pull the engine. Which I dont have the capabilities to do either. Id like more info on this...
What other info would you like? Installation instructions are on the site, it's extremely easy to install.

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Well I don't know much about engines and what not but something just sitting at the bottom of the oil pan just sounds like a bad idea to me. Maybe some others can chime in with their professional opinions.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Well I don't know much about engines and what not but something just sitting at the bottom of the oil pan just sounds like a bad idea to me. Maybe some others can chime in with their professional opinions.

Different situation, but I had the head off one of my cat engines, dropped a jack knife down threw, heard it hit the oil pan. Rode in there for 14,000 miles. Chances are it would be heavy enough to sit on the bottom, and the pick up tube would never grab it. Myself I probably wouldn't worry about it sitting in there.

bbbxcursion

Reaction score
It's gonna sit in the bottom and not do anything, I wouldn't be worried about it. If Dennis stands behind this, I'm sure it's a great product.

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
nice kit, too bad I will need a pan as well, for the record I would not worry about the adapter in the pan it will be fine.

dave186

Reaction score
I dropped an oil pump driveshaft into the pan on a BBF one time. Its probably still sitting in there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.