new truck!

Reaction score
Hey yall, so I just recently got myself a 2016 f350 6.7 king ranch. Found a gem up here in CT garage kept old farmer owned rust free truck. Too good to pass up. I am familiar with diesels as I own 2 90s 7.3s I am just looking for any advice/recommendations concerning this new to me motor. Anything I should be aware of? Dont have any crazy plans for it. possibly just a intake exhaust and tune once the warranty is up.

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for fuel additive. I’ve always ran howes in my 7.3s and they seem to love it. Is the cp4prevention mod and the upgraded inter cooler tubes needed or just recommended??

joebuck

Reaction score
I run stanadyne but I think anything is better then nothing and for the CP4 prevention kit it’s a added layer of protection and the intercooler pipe is a must that thing will eventually break its way to brittle after the hot and cold cycles it goes through definently make that swap!

Sixfoh

Reaction score
The cold side intercooler pipe is a must. Have seen multiple fail even with stock tuning. There is a revised part i believe from ford should you be worried about warranty issues.

Reaction score
Thanks for info guys. Got the cold side pipe changed out. Is a noticable sound difference normal. Hard to explain sounds like its sucking air harder at lower speeds. Is changing the hot side pipe necessary or just for looks?

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks for info guys. Got the cold side pipe changed out. Is a noticable sound difference normal. Hard to explain sounds like its sucking air harder at lower speeds. Is changing the hot side pipe necessary or just for looks?

There should be no change in sound. Make sure the boots are sealed correctly?

Strokersace

Reaction score

Are you hearing the vains closed on the turbo?

I hear mine ALOT more since adding the open air intake.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hearing the veins closed makes sense. It sounds like the sound of a turbo without the whistling. Hard to describe typing. I’m still making 30 psi of boost just fine so I don’t think it’s a leak. Sorry for the newbie questions I’ve only had obs 7.3s

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for fuel additive. I’ve always ran howes in my 7.3s and they seem to love it. Is the cp4prevention mod and the upgraded inter cooler tubes needed or just recommended??
Full torque! Been using it for years now. Best additive year around. No need to double dose in the winter either.. im 1.5 ish mpg better than anything else i have tried.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online