No Limit Piping Kit

Strokersace

Reaction score
Going to rant for a second…

Why in the f*ck can’t a $1700 kit have f*cking installation instructions included?????? At the very least a “tips and tricks” to give the purchaser a heads up of things that need tweaked or modified to make the chit fit!

I have no idea how to make the dipstick tube mount (that’s what I assume it is…) work or how damn much I need to bend the tubes to clear the elbow. So damn irritating!

Is the kit quality? Hell yes it is. But nothing in the box and nothing online to help.

Maybe I’m just that incompetent that I make everything difficult when the east way is staring me in the face..

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

Why in the f*ck can’t a $1700 kit have f*cking installation instructions included?????? At the very least a “tips and tricks” to give the purchaser a heads up of things that need tweaked or modified to make the chit fit!

I have no idea how to make the dipstick tube mount (that’s what I assume it is…) work or how damn much I need to bend the tubes to clear the elbow. So damn irritating!

Is the kit quality? Hell yes it is. But nothing in the box and nothing online to help.

Maybe I’m just that incompetent that I make everything difficult when the east way is staring me in the face..

I agree 100%, with pretty much every aftermarket thing, there should definitely be instructions. Had several different things I’ve installed that took an extra hour or 2 due to pipes only going in one way, and the difference between the 2 sides are an inch or 2. Not something super noticeable, but if you look for it, it’s there. Finally after enough cussing, turning the pipe over, it fits fine…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RascalMafia

#hashtag
Super Mod
Reaction score
Can't speak to this kit, but in general, I can't stand going to any company's (monetized) YouTube channel to watch a video on "how to" xyz after already purchasing the product. Just give me a damn piece of paper with some chicken scratches on it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Can't speak to this kit, but in general, I can't stand going to any company's (monetized) YouTube channel to watch a video on "how to" xyz after already purchasing the product. Just give me a damn piece of paper with some chicken scratches on it.

No shit. That too. Or instructions on one of the scan code things. Cause everyone is doing this somewhere near a computer, and aren’t trying to decipher the instructions on a 6in phone screen…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t need to watch a video or scan a code. I just want the paper…

I got it installed finally. Massively tweaked the tubes to get them secured to the bracket they provide and not hit the elbow. But I’m quite positive they’ll be in the way next time I replace the fuel filter. Oh well.

Had to cut the mounting tab for the oem intake off stator (or whatever you call it) so the the cold side pipe didn’t hit it. Just wish I’d known in advance that that stuff was going to need addressed. Spent more time screwing with it trying to figure out what to do than I did actually doing!

ToMang07

Reaction score
My favorite is when they include the directions, but the directions say to "follow the service manual"

Gee... thanks.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

irobzilla

Reaction score

Could you possibly post a picture of how you have that bracket mounted? Recently did the same NL piping kit as well as their intercooler. I think* I can see how it’s supposed to be mounted but would require some real movement of both dipstick tubes. I contacted NL about it and they said they have no pictures to provide and that it can only be mounted one way. Mine are currently wrapped with a shop rag and taped as to not bounce around and ding up the piping.

Appreciate any pics you could provide.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Could you possibly post a picture of how you have that bracket mounted? Recently did the same NL piping kit as well as their intercooler. I think* I can see how it’s supposed to be mounted but would require some real movement of both dipstick tubes. I contacted NL about it and they said they have no pictures to provide and that it can only be mounted one way. Mine are currently wrapped with a shop rag and taped as to not bounce around and ding up the piping.

Appreciate any pics you could provide.

I will try to remember to pop the hood and get you some pictures tonight. I need to pull the ranchhand tonight anyway to get powder coated so I should have the hood up.

Strokersace

Reaction score
e2afa1c94167e0a40d740585f86aa456.jpg

4d7afef87f562ec74f571bd32413c369.jpg

e537798bad3671d6c5aff4a5c9366701.jpg

541b655745c3cae2da8910aee93055e5.jpg

cf9fd3c717090c071e09eb244b34abdf.jpg

Strokersace

Reaction score
There was a tab on the oil dipstick too that I think mounts to the factory plastic intake “y”, that I had to cut off. It was hitting the elbow. But that’s how they sit in the engine bay now. I haven’t tried changing the fuel filter yet though.

irobzilla

Reaction score
Awesome man thanks. That made it a breeze. Lined up pretty well for me with no modification. Fuel filter replacement looks like it’ll be fine but we’ll see.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
There was a tab on the oil dipstick too that I think mounts to the factory plastic intake “y”, that I had to cut off. It was hitting the elbow. But that’s how they sit in the engine bay now. I haven’t tried changing the fuel filter yet though.
How does it run after the piping kit?

Strokersace

Reaction score
It’s more responsive. Couldn’t really say how much, but it feels like it. I still need to address the turbo and get it retuned. But I’ve been pleased thus far. Looks 10000% better under the hood too.

Latest posts

Members online