P259f code on 2017 f350 3k mi. Wtf

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Drove 1/2 mile to home depot this morn. When I left and pulled out into the main drag, lightly stepped on it and the truck basically fell on its face. Engine light came on and the truck said it was going into protection mode. Turbo made 0 boost the rest of the way home. I have a scangaugeII installed so I pulled the code. P259f came up. Called a Ford tech buddy of mine and he said since I live about 35 mins away, to clear it and see if it comes back. He wanted me to drive it straight there in the morning with the code but it's my only vehicle right now. I cleared out and drove it down the road for about a mile trying to recreate the scenario. Truck drove like normal with no hiccups. Looked the code up online and only found this.

http://ford.oemdtc.com/tag/p259f

Reprogram pcm? Wonder if this means Ford will detune the truck.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

DieselDog

Reaction score
If yours is a 2017 that TSB would not be for your vehicle. That article you referenced is only for 2015-2016 vehicles.
As for Ford DeTuning your vehicle they do not detune. They may set the parameters to be less sensitive but not detune it.
So far I do not see any reference to your dtc for a pcm software fix.
Take it to your dealership see what your buddy find it just might be a simple bias sensor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

rodammann

Reaction score
Have same issue with F350 2015 16K miles on OD. Dealer initally replaced an intermittent injector based on code. Then was still having issue of limp mode with this P259f code. They said it now needs a new turbo apparently the design is POS and has no preoiler for turbo so every time you start it, it is burning the turbo bearing until oil reaches shaft according to Ford tech. Of course they told me it was unusual and never happens. That does not seem to be the case after a few searches it seems to be a fairly common defect... Only 4300 to replace it. I said it the design did not last 17k miles why would I want to replace it with another OEM POS?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Why an absolute crock of shit.

"pre oiler"? Wtf?

The turbo and bearings see oil perfectly fine and oil leaves a nice sheen on everything there is no such thing as dry starts anymore.

Full oil psi is reached within 3 seconds of start up anyway.

Other issues/bullshit going on there

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Why an absolute crock of shit.

"pre oiler"? Wtf?

The turbo and bearings see oil perfectly fine and oil leaves a nice sheen on everything there is no such thing as dry starts anymore.

Full oil psi is reached within 3 seconds of start up anyway.

Other issues/bullshit going on there
Yea , that one had me scratching my head.