Progress on Matt Meyers trip nip slip build.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
were going to place some chicken wire over the inlets, should work really well.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I thought panty hose was the plan?

With the insane amount of air this thing will be sucking in, that pantyhose would get swooped right through the motor, We cant risk that. The durability of the steel chicken wire is good for 150 micron filtration and should stop and leaf, rock, or bird carcass in the engine bay, Its really sturdy stuff.

extreme3807

Reaction score
With the insane amount of air this thing will be sucking in, that pantyhose would get swooped right through the motor, We cant risk that. The durability of the steel chicken wire is good for 150 micron filtration and should stop and leaf, rock, or bird carcass in the engine bay, Its really sturdy stuff.

I was going to use chicken wire. Just got too lazy to cut some out and band it. It will definitely hold. My only concern was that my compressor wheels were starting to get small scratches on them from no filters, which means I probably passed quite a bit of debris into the motor. I took it through some nasty gravel back roads a lot, which I'm sure didn't help. Just a thought if you plan on keeping this truck for a long time

Jgon08

Reaction score
Originally 72's was the plan, and I mentioned to Craig if it worked well I wanted to go to 75's. Craig said let's just do 75s now then and here we are. I can't say enough how thrilled I am with how the ceramic coating and the polished turbos came out. Can't wait to see the rest of it come together.

Right on, can't wait to see this in action..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Screen door material should be good down to 100 micron.

live life full throttle

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
just a slight update

Attachments

• photo 3 (4).jpg
    photo 3 (4).jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 219
  • photo 2 (2).jpg
    photo 2 (2).jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 197

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i would really think on the street it should have some sort of filter on it, take it off at the track if needed

Matt

Reaction score
Matt where in MN are you? I wanna check this thing out when you get it back if possible:drool:

I'm in Blue Earth right on i90.

The downpipe is nuts. Can't thank Craig and the guys enough for the crazy work they are doing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online