Radically Redesigned Wicked Wheel® makes 43 PSI on my STOCK turbo!

Dieselsite

Reaction score
Bob, you going to do a 6.0 version??

We are working on the 6.0L and H2E versions. The 38R will be done shortly. The results on that final prototype were amazing. We'll post up all the updates as soon as we have something for you.

Bob

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
We are working on the 6.0L and H2E versions. The 38R will be done shortly. The results on that final prototype were amazing. We'll post up all the updates as soon as we have something for you.

Bob

Do u need a tester for the 6.0 wheel?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

Bob

Welcome to the site Bob. :thumbsup:

skylinedan

Reaction score
I have'nt heard of anyone yet, but once this is out, I,m gonna get one I think. Then I can let everyone know what I think of it with my currant set up

Dan

neverkickn

Reaction score
I have'nt heard of anyone yet, but once this is out, I,m gonna get one I think. Then I can let everyone know what I think of it with my currant set up

Dan

Guessing you have an external gate. Is that the case? Also, is it a van turbo or a stock super duty turbo with a van turbine housing?

skylinedan

Reaction score
Non waste gated 1.15 van housing, has a custom outlet housing, and I, running a stock wheel with a ATS style comp housing. I use to have a stock .84 with a first gen wicked wheel, but I didnt like the lack of Air over the stock wheel so went back to a stock wheel and changed the housing to control surge. I t works good, but in town, stop n go traffic its kinda a dog. Get out on the hwy and its fun to drive. EGT,s are not any better with 1.15, if anything they might be higher by around a 100 degrees. use to run 600 at 70 now its in the 800 neighborhood.
Dan

under pressure

Reaction score
A billet wheel showed up today, sure is nice looking. have a new tune on its way from No Limit and will be here monday, need to get the new info from that tune, new dyno numbers as well. Then will see what the new wheel does.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Out of curiousity... With this new wicked wheel, can a tuner somehow compensate for it to add additional power (maybe it's just a matter of more fueling?), or should one get a basic (regular) tune done for the truck and just use the added psi/boost characteristics of this wheel?

kampy

Reaction score
I'll start by saying my intent was to have before and after dyno info for the new wheel but the two local dynos I use both had issues that made them unavailable for testing. Irritating, but since I don't have my own dyno, you deal with it. With a new part in my hot little hands, I wasn't willing to wait for an unknown number of weeks before I could get data so I chose to install it and get my information out and available.

Since the dyno sessions fell through, all I was able to come up with are boost and back pressure readings.

See sig for truck specs, nothing changed but the SD wheel/WW2 swap. Matt already had my tunes dialed in smoke free so there wasn't really any unburnt fuel to cleanup.

Tow tune went from 24 to 28 psi max boost (+4) and the back pressure stayed the same @ 35 psi.
Street tune went from 25 to 30 psi max boost (+5) and the BP went up 2 psi from 36 to 38.

Observations compared to the SD wheel:
Spool seems the same in my application and it should spool a little earlier because the new wheel is lighter. I may have created a leak during the R+R process, waiting to check with a smoke machine.

Feels stronger in the mid and upper ranges, EGT's appear to be the same at low boost and slightly lower and build slower at WOT.

I lost the whistle when I went from the OEM wheel to the SD wheel and was disappointed, its back with this wheel and I'm glad, I missed it.

This is @ ~5800 ft elevation

After I make sure I have no leaks and have a chance to tow with it I'll post back up.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Moved - Found thread!

I couldn't find the first Gen2 WW thread, but anyway, finally grabbed a couple quick clips for those interested. Weak fuel system, bad tunes and lack of traction apparent in these clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WErfKMDqjQ

*At 58'ish sec is WOT, but tire spin, so as you can see, it spools, quickly. PS - Center gauge is boost, lowest is pyro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13xGcIEEZCs

Last edited:

greyford1979

Reaction score
Just ordered one of these tonight for my truck...can't wait to try it out! :D I'll be installing some new ISSPRO gauges at the same time.

Southmike

Reaction score
If you insall guages first you can hav before and afters.....but will have to wait for turbo to cool

greyford1979

Reaction score
If you insall guages first you can hav before and afters.....but will have to wait for turbo to cool

Yeah I will probably be doing the gauges first...I'm gonna be changing the glow plugs as well so I figured I will do the wheel then since I will have the intercooler pipes out of the way already. I'm just glad I won't be laying on top of the engine as long as when I did the up pipes. Too bad the wheel was just in testing phases when i did them:doh::pointlaugh:

Last edited:

greyford1979

Reaction score
Woohoo it came today, along with my gauges:rockon: Too bad I gotta wait till next weekend to instal it:doh:

Attachments

• 1360883952978.jpg
    1360883952978.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Members online