Return to stock and def fluid qustions

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking about returning my truck to stock and possibly selling it. the truck has been on a diet for about 6 years and it still has the def fluid from when it was done. Do you guys think it has crystalized or could I drain it and add fresh fluid and be good?

Also I put dielectric grease on my sensors has that's what I read on here, will that cause any issues if I wipe them off?

PSDJunky

Reaction score
Idk for sure about the DEF. But, I'd expect it to be crystallized, especially in the lines. You could see if you could blow through em... maybe... if you've ever done that with a sealed gasser fuel filter, same principle. Surely there's something you could use with compressed air to clean em out, like carb n choke cleaner brake cleaner, sensor cleaner...something that will evaporate. I'd hope ya wouldn't have to replace em. Your tank probably needs some TLC or replaced as well. Then, there's the DEF injector(s?) to contend with too.

Nah, you can wipe of the dielectric grease, no sweat. However, I'd check them to make sure they're not corroded, especially after 6 yrs, & get them cleaned or replaced first. Once they all look good, I'd put fresh grease on em before connecting all the connectors. I put that chit on all my connectors that are exposed to the elements.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Idk for sure about the DEF. But, I'd expect it to be crystallized, especially in the lines. You could see if you could blow through em... maybe... if you've ever done that with a sealed gasser fuel filter, same principle. Surely there's something you could use with compressed air to clean em out, like carb n choke cleaner brake cleaner, sensor cleaner...something that will evaporate. I'd hope ya wouldn't have to replace em. Your tank probably needs some TLC or replaced as well. Then, there's the DEF injector(s?) to contend with too.

Nah, you can wipe of the dielectric grease, no sweat. However, I'd check them to make sure they're not corroded, especially after 6 yrs, & get them cleaned or replaced first. Once they all look good, I'd put fresh grease on em before connecting all the connectors. I put that chit on all my connectors that are exposed to the elements.
Thank you man! I've never done that before but that's why we have Youtube LOL!! I might just leave it and sell it as I had no intentions of trading it in anyways.

Good to know about the dielectric grease and thanks for the tip putting fresh grease on them!

Latest posts

Members online