Sequential led mirror marker light issue

Reaction score
Hey guys, i installed these led mirror lights off amazon. They went in easily and fit perfectly. However, when i use the blinkers with the truck running they dont function properly. Instead of the scanning blinker it only blinks the first 3 leds in a row going down. With the truck off again they work fine. Is this a flasher issue that can be fixed or cheap/faulty product?

https://www.amazon.com/SUPAREE-Swit...09741D6HT/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

PDT1081

Reaction score
Hey guys, i installed these led mirror lights off amazon. They went in easily and fit perfectly. However, when i use the blinkers with the truck running they dont function properly. Instead of the scanning blinker it only blinks the first 3 leds in a row going down. With the truck off again they work fine. Is this a flasher issue that can be fixed or cheap/faulty product?

https://www.amazon.com/SUPAREE-Swit...09741D6HT/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

There's most likely stray voltage on the turn signal circuit. Same reason switchbacks won't work in your turn signals. Neither will Profile 3157 turn signal bulbs. VLeds sells a relay kit that works with their turn signal bulbs to fix the issue.

PDT1081

Reaction score

That's what I ended up needing, yes. Giant pain in the ass when one part of that system went bad, so I pulled it all out and went back to regular bulbs. I've been thinking about trying again with some zener diodes and the Profile bulbs, but have other projects to get to first.

Reaction score
****, i really just wanted the black lens on it. Looks much cleaner to me with black cab lights and mirror lights. the trucks black and tan 2 tone king ranch. I may just leave it. Just worried itll be drawing power when its off and kill my battery somehow.

PDT1081

Reaction score
****, i really just wanted the black lens on it. Looks much cleaner to me with black cab lights and mirror lights. the trucks black and tan 2 tone king ranch. I may just leave it. Just worried itll be drawing power when its off and kill my battery somehow.

Does it affect your other turn signals? When I was having problems (pretty sure bulb adapter went bad) the BCM sensed a problem and shut off my front turn signal. I think it would do a single blink, then hyper-flash the rear despite having resistors. Not sure how the mirror lights are connected in.

Reaction score
I tested the lights with the truck off and everything functions properly. Then when i turn the truck on and use the blinkers it only lights up the first row going down. But it flashes like normal. I installed led marker lights in my headlights with resistors. The only issue im having is the whole light isnt lighting up with truck running with the blinker on. Not sure whats causing it.