Spartan tune to EZ Link?

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Miss the guys with strong opinions about tunes here. Things change. Anyways, I don't know where else to ask about my situation so I thought to throw out there and see what happens. Other sites are a bit flaky when you cross the line, if you know what I mean lol. Got talked into dropping my Spartan for a 50hp Ez Link recently. Not happy. Had Spartan since 2012. Anything out there that can compare to what I was used to? Feel free to pm me too if you want. Thanks guys. (Can't even throw out a Rock On smilie? What happened here?)

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Just an update. I went from my EZ Link to H&S. I'm told it equals the Spartan....I don't think so... It doesn't smoke anymore, that's for sure. I'm going to test it out here in a few weeks when we have our long weekend. Going to tow our 32' up through our famous Coq Hwy. Wish me luck!

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Well, had a bit of time with this tuner (H&S). Purrs along well but its no Spartan tuner that I enjoyed in the past. It seems very conservative. Everything works well, just no big power. I drove through our mountain pass here. Got it wound up to 20psi boost and that was it. Just had my foot to the floor and watched a few other trucks pass me. I just couldn't seem to wind it up. Shifts were a bit spongy but it all worked I guess. Maybe I should be happy with this, I don't know. Have about 137k on it now. Worried I might blow a turbo, tranny or something else. Been thinking of a new truck but you guys know that story lol.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well, had a bit of time with this tuner (H&S). Purrs along well but its no Spartan tuner that I enjoyed in the past. It seems very conservative. Everything works well, just no big power. I drove through our mountain pass here. Got it wound up to 20psi boost and that was it. Just had my foot to the floor and watched a few other trucks pass me. I just couldn't seem to wind it up. Shifts were a bit spongy but it all worked I guess. Maybe I should be happy with this, I don't know. Have about 137k on it now. Worried I might blow a turbo, tranny or something else. Been thinking of a new truck but you guys know that story lol.
That doesn't sound right at all. Are you sure your turbo is up to par? Or just might be very conservative but i can go well over 20psi of boost even in stock form.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I'm going to drop by and chat with my diesel tech. With work and summer camping here and there it's tough to get any immediate answers, but I'm working on it...

Latest posts

Members online