Suncoast Transmission concern???

CMCFord6.4

Reaction score
So I bought my truck about a year ago and it already had the sun coast trans in it. I have never had it apart or anything so thats strictly going off of what the guy told me. I am running the 325 tune from sp artan and it all runs great and what not but when its shifting it does not feel strong at all and from 2nd to 3rd it feels like a small slip as well. I like a good hard shift through the gears so my question is what should I do about rebuilding? Should I go through Suncoast or should I hit up BTS since I'm literally right next door to them guys? Has anyone else had an issue with suncoast?

Black AOD

Reaction score
So you're running the biggest tune ******* offers on a lifted truck on 37's with modded turbos and bigger injectors....

How hard was the previous owner on it and how hard are you on it? That may be why it's acting up now.

CMCFord6.4

Reaction score
I actually have a 350 tune I've never tried out. The previous owner was somewhat of a buddy and he ran the 75 tune on it and then parked it. He said he was never rough on it and he babied it but who really knows?? I was somewhat hard on it when I first got the truck but the last 8 or 9 months all I do is really put around and try to get the best mileage I can. I have updated the tunes and started running the 325 for better fuel mileage. It may very well be my fault on the way i drove it the first couple months :doh: so I'm def not blaming suncoast what so ever.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Fair enough. Suncoast typically has a good rep for transmissions. I'd contact them direct.

If you're looking for a seriously tough top of the line transmission, contact Elite Diesel and look into his stage 3-5 Trans or Contact Midwest Diesel and look into their options.

PyroFighter

Reaction score
So you're running the biggest tune ******* offers on a lifted truck on 37's with modded turbos and bigger injectors....

They more like 36's now after the fun he had Once I got the 325 tune loaded for him. So that helps a little..

Latest posts

Members online