Tuning the 7.3 in current times

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
What are you guys suggesting?

I have always had a 6 position chip and am currently with Tony Wildman. I dont think I'm changing but a friend wants me to build his truck.

I am not up to par with the latest and greatest.

Let's make the 7.3 great again.

mcnance865

Reaction score
Hydra chip should be the only thing considered. There are no cons and no other chip has pros over the hydra. The stock PHP tunes are great for stock trucks. If not going with bigger injectors then I would recommend trying the tunes from the PHP library first. See what you like or don't like or want modified. This will give you a better starting point for custom tunes. The below list are the current go to guys. I have tunes from all of them on my hydra chip. They are all slightly different and most of it is just preference and the mood I am in. List in no particular order.

Jelibuilt (Brian Jelich)
SDK Performance (Dan Kropinak)
1023 Diesel (Dusty Hogate)
AA Tuning & Design (Andrew Arthur)
GH

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
We need great daily driver abilities and towing. Not a race truck. It will get a turbo eventually but no more fuel than stock sticks.

Right now we're working with a high milege engine that's PMR.

79jasper

Reaction score
Tuning has came a long ways. You can keep PMR engines alive at higher power unlike the old days.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
I’d get a hydra. Saying that I hope there is still access to the php tune library and I’d just use those if he isn’t doing any more than stock fuel. No reason for anything more than that.

nsfr1206

Reaction score
I put a link to another site so edited that out. But it’s the way Ford made rods. They did forged for some years and then changed to powdered metal.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bugman

Reaction score
I put a link to another site so edited that out. But it’s the way Ford made rods. They did forged for some years and then changed to powdered metal.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to keep things straight. It wasn't Ford but Navistar who built the 7.3 engine

psduser1

Reaction score
Still using gh, on 4 trucks now.

Ts chip, tho, cause I don't give a sh...
And I have them, lol. In fact ones on its way back now.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I would've figured in 1 of the 32 new threads johnt had made in the last month there would've been a forged question LOL

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
There's some 2000 trucks with both, I think the full swap was 2001, and then from there all PMR

Latest posts

Members online