Weak Air coming from vents

04 f350

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to see what all I need to check out before I go just throwing a new blower motor in there, like the title says basically the air coming from the vents is barely coming out on max a/c, air is cold just recharged it some with a can from autozone, heat works great to just hardly any force coming from the vents... What all can I chek first to see what the problem may be?

Jake

Reaction score
I need to check my blend doors on my 2000, I replaced my blower motor and had no change in air velocity. The blower motor fixed it on my 97 but not this truck. Checking the heater core and evaporator to see if there clean is another place to look. My evaporator core was pretty nasty.

04 f350

Reaction score
A clogged heater core is going to make the air come out with no force? Sorry just tying to make sure I understand what I need to do

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yes. Trust me, remove blower motor, look in the housing at the cores with a flashlight and mirror, ill almost bet you money the cores (think radiator) are clogged with dirt. Unless of course your blower motor resistor is bad and you're only working on one fan speed. Can you feel ANY difference when you change fan speeds?

04 f350

Reaction score
Yes. Trust me, remove blower motor, look in the housing at the cores with a flashlight and mirror, ill almost bet you money the cores (think radiator) are clogged with dirt. Unless of course your blower motor resistor is bad and you're only working on one fan speed. Can you feel ANY difference when you change fan speeds?

Yea the speed changes on all the settings, on the lowest setting you can barely feel it, the high setting now feels like it use to on low setting If you get what I mean

ghohouston

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. And like I said, I'd bet money the evaporator core has dirt all through the fins. I made an air blower out of old brake line so its bendable, and can reach all the way up inside the housing.

Latest posts

Members online