Weird code issue.

Morgalax

Reaction score
Hey all. Im new to diesels and the site. I have a 2016 f350 4x4 with the auto 6 speed. Its been def ******d and the egr unhooked but physically left on the engine. Theres a wire with a knob to select different tunes i found under the steering wheel. 5 settings. The issue is a p228e code,and it only started after i did a tune up and changed the fuel filters. The odd thing is i can clear the code and run the truck for hours or hundreds of miles with no change to how it performs(tested on all 5 settings) however if i kill it and crank it again the code pops on. This is after hours..or if i clear the code,crank it,kill it and crank it again. Ive replaced the fuel filters multiple times and checked all connections and it consistent since the first fuel filter change.(which where insanely bad,probably a good 40k on them) The truck currently sits at 93k miles.

PSDJunky

Reaction score
Are you getting it at idle or WOT & does the truck have a HP fuel pump disaster prevention kit installed? If, in order, you answer no, yes, yes, I've heard it's a known issue for some folks, depending on whose tunes your truck has & maybe a couple other variables. You're over my head if it's at idle...aside from maybe a poor seal at the FCM or engine bay filter, a pressure regulator, or something down this rabbit hole https://www.google.com/search?q=for...-verizon-sscr&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8 .

Morgalax

Reaction score
From the limited things i can see on my 50$ scanner its repeatedly between 9-14mph and 1300-1400 rpm. As far as the kit im gonna say no becausei dont know. Ive owned the truck 3 months but its been ******d since 60k miles for years now with the tune by wire also. But what are the odds of a catastrophic failure at the same time i change the fuel filters? Are there better seals or kits i could buy for the filters with better seals? So far ive tried motorcraft and napa gold(wix) filters with the included o rings which i lubed with diesel.

Latest posts

Members online