What food did your parents force you to eat...

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And you still to this day hate?

Mine is brussel sprouts. Gross...

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

DEEZUZ

Reaction score
I'll mow down some Brussels... Air fryer with olive oil, sp, red pepper flakes and Parmeasean cheese.. Yummm.

I'm a fat kid so I ate just about anything...

I could reverse it and say what I absolutely almost never ate as a kid that I eat now and that would be peanut butter and jellies and cereal simply for the convenience factor

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Gross on the PB&J. Ate them sammiches for way too many years and got a lifetime burnout on them. The wife cooks the brussel sprouts in the oven with bacon and real maple syrup. Tough to beat that one.

I hate velveeta ”cheese”

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Asparagus, grows like a weed, looks like a weed, drys out like a weed, so, it must be a weed! Why should I eat it!!

I was the same way, hated it when my parents tried to force feed me the naste veggy stick! Now I don't mind them as my wife does a great job cooking them up.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I was the same way, hated it when my parents tried to force feed me the naste veggy stick! Now I don't mind them as my wife does a great job cooking them up.
How does you wife cook them? Do they still have a little crunch to them? Does she steam cook them? I ask, because I have been told that's the way to eat them. Never tried it that way myself.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How does you wife cook them? Do they still have a little crunch to them? Does she steam cook them? I ask, because I have been told that's the way to eat them. Never tried it that way myself.

She steams them and then adds butter. Still has some amount of crunch. Without butter its good, but butter makes it taste even better.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Hot Dogs/Bologna, canned brown bread, and powdered milk.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hot Dogs/Bologna, canned brown bread, and powdered milk.

I don't mind the first 2 you mention but I have no idea what the canned brown bread is, and never have had and never will have powdered milk. :sick:

ToMang07

Reaction score
I don't mind the first 2 you mention but I have no idea what the canned brown bread is, and never have had and never will have powdered milk. :sick:
The raisin wasn't bad grilled with some buttah, but the brown was just nasty.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Hot dogs are ok in small quantities, I love sweet bologna! Like Lancaster county PA, Amish/Mennonite made sweet Bologna. The rest can be fed to the dogs for all I care..

Canned bread and powdered milk. No thank you. Not even on my list of edibles. LOL..

Latest posts

Members online