Will a lift for a 6.7 fit a 6.4?

powersmokin64

Reaction score
I see that some lifts will fit both, I just wondered what the difference was in suspension that will allow some kits to fit both and some look like they won't. I have purchased a basic lift a friend of mine bought for a 2011 that he never installed so it's either going on my 09 or its going up for sale

powersmokin64

Reaction score
I don't get how some kits work and some do not. I guess I will just have to see what comes with this one. I am waiting on a part # that should tell me which one it is and if it will work or not.

powersmokin64

Reaction score
Ok I got the part numbers and the only difference is the back blocks are 5" for his 250 and only need to be 3" for my 350. Is this gonna look like ****, or should i just go buy 3" rears and new u bolts and sell the 5" blocks

BFT

Reaction score
The 350 have bigger blocks from ford as is. I know one of the differences are the leaf springs.

kicker417

Reaction score
The U bolts and blocks that came with my 3 rough country fit both 250-350 so I don't think the lift springs are different?

BFT

Reaction score
From what I've heard... After driving the '11 carli truck, they said that ford changed the leaf springs (I think he said they removed a spring and made them thicker?)
I know the blocks themselves on the 08's are different from a 250 to a 350 because of the pay load capacity.

SAK

Reaction score
Depends on the brand of lift if it will work or not.

On the rear, 05-10 trucks had u-bolts the would bolt in from the bottom up. On the 11's+ they changed it to bolt from the bottom down. You can make the 05-10 style mount work on an 11+ and vice-versa

powersmokin64

Reaction score
Dropping the truck off on the 31st to be lifted if I don't do it myself before then. Probably just gonna let the pro's do it because if those blocks and u-bolts don't work they will just swap them out with ones they have in stock.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
99-0? had a 4 spring pack

my 10 has a 3 spring pack

and 11+ i do believe have a two spring pack in the rear.

the gvw of the various trucks are the same, well within a couple hundred pounds, but less springs in the pack though they are thicker, and they made them longer as they dropped springs. longer is where the nice ride comes from.

is why my '10 rides better than my 99, and the '11's ride better than my '10

my only issue with what they did, is it seems that the newer trucks squat a little more with the same load in the bed, compared to the older stuff.

Last edited:

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I know for a fact that 2wd 11' 250's have 2 springs and the thick bottom leaf. I havent worked on a 4wd yet but i would assume there would be at least 3 springs and the thick bottom leaf?

az350

Reaction score
tracbar drop bracket (hanger) is the main difference in kits..

From The Southwest ! TaPaTaLk.

powersmokin64

Reaction score
Well I got the lift on today, ran into a few problems. Had to make some bushing sleeves for the front. The kit came with ones that were smaller with smaller bolts than my factory holes were for the front shocks. In the rear the kit came with 5" blocks and I only needed three so I went and got 3" ones instead. Now I only wish the kit came with 37s and wider wheels

Latest posts

Members online