B-Code VOP

Charles

Reaction score
I need to know if anyone has run B-Code VOP on non-stock nozzles and put some real miles on them. Years and years ago I ran BI springs IIRC on some 200 EDM's and had a couple broken nozzles in rapid succession. I don't know if it was related or not. If anyone has put some miles on some high VOP 200 or 400 nozzles I would love to hear about it. I really think the higher VOP will clean up the idle haze. I plan to try again, just looking for pre-existing data if it's out there in the universe.

A stock BD for instance, runs and idles super clean and crisp IMO. But that nozzle is just too slow and technically, wrong spray pattern..... but mainly.... just too slow...

I think most of that crispness or all of it, is in the VOP. A 7:1 A-code for instance... does not have it.

Thoughts?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
What does VOP stand for? Is it kind of like pop off pressure?

The VOP of an AA is 2675psi, the B-Codes are 3700psi. Basically 1000 psi difference.

I've wondered myself what that would do for smoke at an Idle. Higher pressure should help mix the fuel and air better and be a lot cleaner. The idle sound, quality would change as well I would assume.

I'd like to know as well.

Charles

Reaction score
I can tell you they run cleaner and crisp. I just broke a couple nozzles week over week, then popped an input shaft and parked it...... for half a decade....

I need to revisit it.

V-alve O-pening P-ressure

Charles

Reaction score
Geez..... has NOBODY actually run higher nozzle opening pressures? Grandma's, cousin's brother-in-law..... nobody?

I have run them with a stock BD nozzle some but not much on a power oriented nozzle. I bet it would clear the idle haze on a 200. Might even egt better still.

Latest posts

Members online