2003 6.0 code P2285

1964suicide

Reaction score
My truck has had a full "bulletproof" and I have a P2285 code but my ICP voltage and IPR values seem correct as far as I can tell. Voltage is .8-.9 and 24% at hot idle (~650RPM). All the sensors and pigtails are new. What should I be looking into as I'm a little puzzled?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240503_102901_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20240503_102901_Torque.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 10

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
My truck has had a full "bulletproof" and I have a P2285 code but my ICP voltage and IPR values seem correct as far as I can tell. Voltage is .8-.9 and 24% at hot idle (~650RPM). All the sensors and pigtails are new. What should I be looking into as I'm a little puzzled?

What is icp voltage key on engine off? Should be .23. 03 sensors are notorious for leaking and shorting the pins in the pigtail with oil, or seeping up the insulation and damaging the wires further up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1964suicide

Reaction score
What is icp voltage key on engine off? Should be .23. 03 sensors are notorious for leaking and shorting the pins in the pigtail with oil, or seeping up the insulation and damaging the wires further up

It reads 0 KOEO, the sensor and pigtail have maybe 50 miles since install

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It reads 0 KOEO, the sensor and pigtail have maybe 50 miles since install

If it’s 0v koeo, you need to start chasing wiring. One should have 5v, the other 2 should have continuity to the pcm. One will be signal return, which is internal pcm ground, the other is signal, which is basically where the resistance of the sensor is at at the given pressure.

Other question would be what sensor and pigtail did you put in it? Motorcraft, Napa, oreillys, autozone, etc.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Can’t edit the post for some reason, I do not have a pin out available right now, should be fairly easy to find online. Also make sure the wires are spliced to the correct pins at the sensor. I’ve done that several times when I’ve been in a hurry

1964suicide

Reaction score
If it’s 0v koeo, you need to start chasing wiring. One should have 5v, the other 2 should have continuity to the pcm. One will be signal return, which is internal pcm ground, the other is signal, which is basically where the resistance of the sensor is at at the given pressure.

Other question would be what sensor and pigtail did you put in it? Motorcraft, Napa, oreillys, autozone, etc.

I'll double check everything and everything was purchased from Ford. Thank you very much

Latest posts

Members online