My build "Barely Legal"

patrickpsd

Reaction score
Man if I had the knowledge and money to get into a 6.4 I would,these things can make some crazy power,they just scare me my pockets aren't deep enough lol

haha you aren't kidding. thereexpensive enough doing all the work yourself. to pay someone to do stuff I couldn't even imagine. but they sure are fun

Black AOD

Reaction score
OP,

I just realized you're in the picks for the Fords for 2016 DPC. Good looking truck. Best of luck to you.

timj

Reaction score
OP,

I just realized you're in the picks for the Fords for 2016 DPC. Good looking truck. Best of luck to you.

Yes indeed! And thank you for the kind words. Super excited to have the opportunity to put Ford out front for what might be the last "real" dpc.

Everything shown on my DPC entry form and signature is already what I did to the truck and ran last season. Except for the Dana 80. That is scheduled to go in my buddies cnc mill very soon. Gears and Truetrac are sitting here just waiting for the machine work on the axle to be done.

20160216_215329_zpsejvpslu0.jpg

Torque

Reaction score
Nice build man!!! Can't wait to see you represent in the Diesel Challenge.

timj

Reaction score
Nice build man!!! Can't wait to see you represent in the Diesel Challenge.

Thanks Torque! Gotta get voted in though first. Grab a copy of Diesel Power April issue and fill out a ballot. It's out right now. Much appreciation to anyone who can give my truck #9 a nod and make this dream a reality! I have a great team of talented guys who would be coming with to Colorado for DPC if we get in.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Got Boost!?
Thankyou Tadd from Elite Diesel!

Screenshot_2016-02-20-17-01-02_zpsy4mv2tdq.png

Screenshot_2016-02-20-17-01-19_zpsm4qzvdzz.png

Last I checked Max Powers didn't have Pro Mod 94's!!! Very Nice :thumbsup:

Curious, what size high pressure will back the 94? Still the 66?

timj

Reaction score
Last I checked Max Powers didn't have Pro Mod 94's!!! Very Nice :thumbsup:

Curious, what size high pressure will back the 94? Still the 66?

My 66vgt from the maxpowers setup will stay in the valley. I almost lost my license last summer for 15 day suspension from a bad speeding ticket dialing in my wastegate with the maxpowers. The new 66vgt/ precision pro mod 94 mm is officially called "jailpowers"

patrickpsd

Reaction score
Seem like alot of ppl run the remote mount charger fairly well. Even with non vgt high pressure chargers. Hopefully the vgt helps out even more beyond what other experience

CAT35niner

Reaction score
That's a big charger. Looks great tho lol. Should make some power. Are you gonna sell the 82? Or keep it for a backup.

timj

Reaction score
That's a big charger. Looks great tho lol. Should make some power. Are you gonna sell the 82? Or keep it for a backup.

I already sold my 82. For dpc if I get voted in, we will have a brand new precision promod 98mm atmo with us for a spare that a friend just ordered for his truck that would be a drop in fit. If we have a high pressure turbo failure, our tow vehicle is sporting a new set of elite high power xx i guess you can call it that which is a 62vgt and a 86 precision atmo. We'll be prepared for anything short of a catastrophic engine failure. :biggun:

timj

Reaction score
Tim, I'm excited to see how it's going to run. I really hope my fear of having too big of a spread between chargers doesn't bite you in the ass

I'm excited too Jared. The maxpowers would light insanely fast on the street but I was shy of my power goals. This is gonna be fun.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Seem like alot of ppl run the remote mount charger fairly well. Even with non vgt high pressure chargers. Hopefully the vgt helps out even more beyond what other experience

We've currently got clausens truck at the shop. 62 VGT with a precision 88/91 Atmo remote mounted. It spools decent. But tims set up is bigger and the truck is heavy

Members online

No members online now.