My build "Barely Legal"

timj

Reaction score
Is he going to be able to get them to spool with the help of converter stall or probably not?

No doubt at that altitude, spool is always a concern. The vgt in the valley i run for a high pressure can really shine in that department. I have two dpc 13" converters both are 2200 stall so that helps out too.

dsberman94

Reaction score
No doubt at that altitude, spool is always a concern. The vgt in the valley i run for a high pressure can really shine in that department. I have two dpc 13" converters both are 2200 stall so that helps out too.

Cool. Hopefully it works out for ya. Hopefully there's a couple nitrous bottles in the plans as well because you'll probably need or want them at altitude.

patrickpsd

Reaction score
We've currently got clausens truck at the shop. 62 VGT with a precision 88/91 Atmo remote mounted. It spools decent. But tims set up is bigger and the truck is heavy

RYAN ANDERSON SEEMED TO DO OK AT DPC WITH HIS. NON VGT AND HEAVEIER TRUCK. BUT YOU NEVER KNOW TIL YOUR IN THE ALTUIDE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
RYAN ANDERSON SEEMED TO DO OK AT DPC WITH HIS. NON VGT AND HEAVEIER TRUCK. BUT YOU NEVER KNOW TIL YOUR IN THE ALTUIDE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

I mean this in the nicest way.. but his truck didn't really spool that fantastic up there.

You need to look at how JD and my setups performed if you want lightning fast spool up.

Ryan took a lot of effort a couple times to get things going. Not taking away from things but its a fact

patrickpsd

Reaction score
I mean this in the nicest way.. but his truck didn't really spool that fantastic up there.

You need to look at how JD and my setups performed if you want lightning fast spool up.

Ryan took a lot of effort a couple times to get things going. Not taking away from things but its a fact

OH I COMPETELY KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING. I JUST MEAN IT WILL BE DOABLE TO PERFORM IN THE COMPETITION AND GET DONE WHAT NEEDS TO GET DONE. WILL IT LIGHT LIKE THE HIGH POWER JRS NO. WILL IT LIGHT DAMN RIGHT IT WILL.

THIS FROM THE GUY WITH HIS NAME ON THE SCREEN SHOT FROM ELEITE ASKING WERE HIS IS ;)

Black AOD

Reaction score
OH I COMPETELY KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING. I JUST MEAN IT WILL BE DOABLE TO PERFORM IN THE COMPETITION AND GET DONE WHAT NEEDS TO GET DONE. WILL IT LIGHT LIKE THE HIGH POWER JRS NO. WILL IT LIGHT DAMN RIGHT IT WILL.

THIS FROM THE GUY WITH HIS NAME ON THE SCREEN SHOT FROM ELEITE ASKING WERE HIS IS ;)

caps lock much?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Well yeah..

But I'm keeping my truck a single rear wheel with 4.30 gears and 35's..

Tim's truck also doesn't have 436 cubic inches.. or for those wondering.. 7.0L of displacement ;)

patrickpsd

Reaction score
TIMS IS A SINGLE REAR WHEEL WITH 4.30'S AND WILL HAVE 35'S MOST LIKLEY IF HE GETS VOTED IN. CUBES WELL YA YOU MUST HAVE MY KIT I ORDERED BACK IN 2009 ;)

Last edited:

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Mine spooled like crap in Colorado. Would not spool without spray. Spooled fine in Michigan. If you have a vgt you will be just fine.