t4 non vgt kit, need some help

04cr450

Reaction score
update guys, truck is ready to fire but had to quit today due to a evening service call(work). will get it fired up tomorrow(edit not until sunday, friggin work), im sure some of you guys are interested on this set up- 64.5 fmw and 205/75's. ill be running gearhead tuning srlxx reduced fuel and full.
Hopefully everything goes good so I can take it to Rudy's this coming week.

20150416_190455_zpsq0sq0ynt.jpg

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'd like to add.. non vgt kits are not easy and do not have a boiler plate install... but when ced and mpd say kit bolts right up with stock dp location and rr 90*fittings"... and you install them and they don't fit, it raises frustration. .. my engine is the same after all and if the downpipe fit the vgt turbo then it should fit the non vgt, if it doesn't then it tells me they mocked it up to something different and did not take the time to fit it up correctly. I'm just stating the issues I had, no bashing just the facts. I was sincere to mpd and ced when explaining the problems I had. Both companies also handled it professionally as well

My CED dropped right in without any issues. The biggest hang up I had was getting stock bolts out at the manifold to up-pipe connection after 130k miles of NY winters. Downpipe bolted right up without any issue, and drain/feed went in without any issues as well. I do know there would be an interference if you had 90* fittings for a RR in the back of the heads, but if you let Matt know when placing the order he can make them accordingly, from my understanding. Glad to see you got it worked out!

Dieselmore

Reaction score
Correct, and it is not easy to line up. A 1", 12pt, crows ft socket for a 3/8" drive ratchet helps A LOT. As does a 1" wrench cut in half.

I'm running Irate t4 kit as well. The solid drain makes for a nice clean look but is kinda of pain to get all tighten up.

Very nice kit would buy a again for sure.