K16 HPFP Replacement

kdsf350

Reaction score
I never knew this about the PCV & VCV

http://mid-atlanticema.org/wp-content/uploads/6.4L-Power-Stroke-update2.pdf

On page 44: Shows The PCV and VCV ARE NOT SERVICEABLE.

Is there away to test the HPFP for rail pressure and the front main seal for leaks before installing the turbos. And if the front main seal is the most prone to fail.
Then why in the heck didn't Ford do the right thing and step up to the plate, and redesign the front main seal to keep it from leaking :shrug:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Does it leak into the motor or externally?
If the valley pump fails and leaks I mean it's leaking into the covered area on top of the motor where it sits so....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Just bought a Pump from RAE. Turns out the VCV is reman and the PCV is tested and cleaned externally but is not replaced. RAE is currently trying to source new PCV's for install.

Black AOD

Reaction score
So in the two months that I started this thread, both my k16s on my 6.4 have let go on me! LOL. Just my luck. My belt pump had a VCV go bad and was leaking fuel and now my Valley Pump is toast with a faulty PCV. So I bought two Reman k16s from RAE, both arrived looking like brand new K16S and they have the snap ring seal on the front just like the OEM siemens pumps did. They have all new o-rings and are completely gone through just as advertised, its very obvious. Hopefully these pumps hold up well on my truck.

Rubenk

Reaction score
So in the two months that I started this thread, both my k16s on my 6.4 have let go on me! LOL. Just my luck. My belt pump had a VCV go bad and was leaking fuel and now my Valley Pump is toast with a faulty PCV. So I bought two Reman k16s from RAE, both arrived looking like brand new K16S and they have the snap ring seal on the front just like the OEM siemens pumps did. They have all new o-rings and are completely gone through just as advertised, its very obvious. Hopefully these pumps hold up well on my truck.

Thats a bummer man!

Keep us posted on how they perform. Can you post a picture showing the seal on the ones that went bad, compared to the snap ring style?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Thats a bummer man!

Keep us posted on how they perform. Can you post a picture showing the seal on the ones that went bad, compared to the snap ring style?

It never leaked out the main seals on my old pumps. My old pumps were used OEM Siemens Pumps, so the seal on those and the seals on my new pumps will be identical so I can't help you there.

The seals are different on Ford/Continental Reman Pumps.

Yeah, Reman Auto Electronics. My original post tells about them!

Matt

Reaction score
Oh shoot. For some reason I thought it was about Alliant this whole time. My bad.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I've had now 3 give out. I've put 5 in for other people... I'm scared now lol

Well I'll let you know how mine do. Should know next week when I get the truck back. The holiday week kind of screwed up getting it back up and running this week.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Leaking Fuel, debris, failed o-ring, sent the pump back as a core to RAE and it was tested on the bench. All signs pointed that the VCV was on its way out completely.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Just a quick Update to this!

I know a few of you were waiting to see how these pumps turned out for me, TBH I don't have my truck back up and running yet as I decided to have my injectors flowed and tested @ River City just to be safe before the valley pump goes in and my cab goes back down.

My Rail Pressure issue still hasn't been figured out so at this point with the belt pump being brand new, it's either the VCV or the PCV on the valley Pump or an injector has issues. I highly doubt my injectors have issues as the set was just built last December 2015/Jan 2016 brand new at RCD. I'm just having them tested to be safe with two brand new pumps. I'm hoping I have the truck back up and running by late next week and then after putting some miles on it I can give some input on these pumps.

BogginF350

Reaction score
The new Alliant power units are the only hpfp's that I know of that now utilize new Continental pressure and volume control valves. That's all we install in our shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
The new Alliant power units are the only hpfp's that I know of that now utilize new Continental pressure and volume control valves. That's all we install in our shop.

Hey it's Josh!

That's news to me. I hadn't heard that before. You have my injectors I think now, they should be getting there today.

Black AOD

Reaction score

Josh, is anything different from the Continental Remans that Ford Dealers sell and the Alliant units? I had been told from numerous places that Alliant just reboxed Ford Remans but this news about the new PCV's and VCV's on the Alliant units makes me wonder.

webb06

Reaction score
Josh, is anything different from the Continental Remans that Ford Dealers sell and the Alliant units? I had been told from numerous places that Alliant just reboxed Ford Remans but this news about the new PCV's and VCV's on the Alliant units makes me wonder.

I asked our Alliant rep about this when I saw you posted it. He said they do not rebox ford pumps.