K16 HPFP Replacement

Black AOD

Reaction score
price to buy is the same price as rebuild. Which sucks but hey, it should be a really good k16 at that point. $1038 per pump. basically the same cost as a continental garbage reman pump from Ford.

webb06

Reaction score
price to buy is the same price as rebuild. Which sucks but hey, it should be a really good k16 at that point. $1038 per pump. basically the same cost as a continental garbage reman pump from Ford.

After rereading the original post, to me it would seem more reliable if they would replace vcv and pcv no matter what. And maybe that is an option if you send a core in.

Any idea how many they have rebuilt? How many warranty claims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
After rereading the original post, to me it would seem more reliable if they would replace vcv and pcv no matter what. And maybe that is an option if you send a core in.

Any idea how many they have rebuilt? How many warranty claims?

They do replace them both If you request it. I don't think it's an upcharge either.

That I don't know. Youd have to call and ask.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
They do replace them both If you request it. I don't think it's an upcharge either.

That I don't know. Youd have to call and ask.

That's good news.

Spectre32

Reaction score
Sorry so it's this place in PA. Have you investigated any other OEMs? I know of another place that is the OEM for Navistar for injectors and they claim to do a pump as well. I have reached out but I have had no luck.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Sorry so it's this place in PA. Have you investigated any other OEMs? I know of another place that is the OEM for Navistar for injectors and they claim to do a pump as well. I have reached out but I have had no luck.

Unless this place releases specs on their pump that they do then its pointless until we know that info. For all we know they do exactly what continental does and the pumps leak out the main front seal...

kdsf350

Reaction score
Just talked to the diesel technician from remanautoelectronics. Unfortunately at this time they don't replace PCV or offer an option to have the PCV replaced even if you send in your own pump. Was told they are currently in the talks with a OEM supplier who can supply them with new pressure control valves in the future. I do appreciate their honesty and if anybody has any questions, I encourage you to give them a call..

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Just talked to the diesel technician from remanautoelectronics. Unfortunately at this time they don't replace PCV or offer an option to have the PCV replaced even if you send in your own pump. Was told they are currently in the talks with a OEM supplier who can supply them with new pressure control valves in the future. I do appreciate their honesty and if anybody has any questions, I encourage you to give them a call..

That's complete opposite from what I was told and it's not what their site states? Odd.

kdsf350

Reaction score
Yeah, I specifically ask if they could replace the old PCV with a new one. Maybe we just talked to different technicians?

Bink76

Reaction score
You guys are scaring me about these OEM Remans. My HPFP went out and I got my new one from Ford because I know the diesel tech. What is the failure rate on these pumps? I don't want to become an expert in cab removal.

Rubenk

Reaction score
You guys are scaring me about these OEM Remans. My HPFP went out and I got my new one from Ford because I know the diesel tech. What is the failure rate on these pumps? I don't want to become an expert in cab removal.

I dont think they're terribly failure prone. And just FYI you can do it cab on without too much trouble, jack the cab up a few inches and pull the turbos.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I dont think they're terribly failure prone. And just FYI you can do it cab on without too much trouble, jack the cab up a few inches and pull the turbos.

Correct, they font actually fail. But many, many of them leak out the main seal and then they cant maintain RP.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Correct, they font actually fail. But many, many of them leak out the main seal and then they cant maintain RP.

They arent that strong when fresh either. I bought a brand new one and it held slightly worse rail on big tune/stock nozzles than my 170k mile original. Swapped it for the dragonfire and all's good after that.

Black AOD

Reaction score
They arent that strong when fresh either. I bought a brand new one and it held slightly worse rail on big tune/stock nozzles than my 170k mile original. Swapped it for the dragonfire and all's good after that.
Yeah you got a good early make II dragonfire. Lucky duck

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well ironically enough my k16 on my belt has a fried VCV. So I'm looking at needing a new pump or rebuild now. If anybody has a low mileage OEM pump for sale let me know.

Members online

No members online now.