EC/LB Motor Build

Black AOD

Reaction score
Well, waiting for a camshaft sucks. Billet Stage 2 I got was a replicated fake, awesome. Sent it back, money refunded, all good there. Went Elite 1x, on backorder until this week I believe according to Nate. Everything is out to be externally balanced while we wait for the cam. Added 5" OUO Traction blocks with long gusset traction bars, OUO 3-Link and decided to hold off on wheels and tires until I get it back, ill do that on my own. Throwing a set of dynatrac balljoints in it while the front end is apart as well. Still no pics, I'm about to go mad not being able to see all this stuff lol. I just want to see pics of all shiny new stuff :nopics:

Black AOD

Reaction score
I would like to know how you like that 1x Elite cam when you get it running...

If we end up going the Elite 1x route as planned, I will try to post up about how well it performs. Nate at UDP (builder of my motor) has one in his wifes 6.4 he built, you could ask him. He's on here as well.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
all elite cam's, or anyone's cam for that matter are not really going to be comparable to each other. whether they are a stg 1, or 2, or whatever.

a stg 1 cam spec'd for towing will be different than a stg 1 spec'd for playing, though they are both a stg 1.

it's highly unlikely that the duration/lift/degree/center line will be the same on everyone's cam, or even a elite to elite, depending on the application it was spec'd for.

there is also only so much you can do with a regrind.

just throwing that out there. carry on.

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
all elite cam's, or anyone's cam for that matter are not really going to be comparable to each other. whether they are a stg 1, or 2, or whatever.

a stg 1 cam spec'd for towing will be different than a stg 1 spec'd for playing, though they are both a stg 1.

it's highly unlikely that the duration/lift/degree/center line will be the same on everyone's cam, or even a elite to elite, depending on the application it was spec'd for.

there is also only so much you can do with a regrind.

just throwing that out there. carry on.

^^^This is true. I just wanted a cam to help drive turbos and also seeing its a new block and whole new everything, a cam seemed hard to ignore. Really wanted a billet colt but things happen so..elite 1x it is.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
^^^This is true. I just wanted a cam to help drive turbos and also seeing its a new block and whole new everything, a cam seemed hard to ignore. Really wanted a billet colt but things happen so..elite 1x it is.

I seen your truck wen I was up there Wednesday.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Just wait till you have to have a counter to keep track

64835ff2d59a118b87e88683ae3b38a1.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
How is it even possible to take that long to build a truck? Its one thing if you are waiting on funds but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

S*** man, people have gone way longer than that, even double that time without their truck waiting on builds to finish. I know he waited quite a while on his Elite trans, I believe RCD did his motor and other stuff. I'm sure there was some wait time on parts and he changed up a few things later on which added time.

what happened?

Somthing let go inside my new ford shortblock.

Already? Damn man...sorry to hear it

Black AOD

Reaction score
***Update***

Build list has changed a bit, and this thread has had a lot side track in it haha. Back on the build itself.

New ford shortblock.
HD Pistons, flycut, delipped and coated. Big Thanks to Morgan @ Midwest
Elite 1x Cam
SADP Lifters
New OEM Rockers
New OEM heads, surfaced, hardened valve seats
Extreme H13 Studs
Elite 72 Drop in with Billet CEA Wheel
RCD Springs & Pushrods
Elite Flexplate
BD 6.0 Manifolds
RCD SS Up-Pipes
RCD Ported Intake Manifold
MPD CCV Reroute
New OEM Waterpump
Sinister Coolant Filter Kit
No Limit Polished Hot Pipe
New front body mounts
Alradco Radiator & Intercooler
Revised OEM upper & Lower Radiator Hoses
Dynatrac Balljoints
ICON 2.5" Fron Coil Springs
ICON adjustable track bar w/upgraded rod end
OUO Adj ALA's 3-Link
OUO 5" Traction Blocks w/Long Gusset Bars
Hellwig Front & Rear Swaybars
SDP Downpipe
5" Flo Pro Exhaust
ATI Harmonic Balancer/Damper
ARP Flexplate bolts & Crank Bolts
Diesel Site Intercooler Piping Boots

There was already a No Limit intake & Elbow on the truck that will be reused as well as Elite Ported Fuel Rails that will be reused. The Degas bottle was replaced with the newer updated one. The old injectors are being reused, many thanks to RCD for flow testing them and balancing them. I have an edge CTS to monitor everything now. I've had a big debacle finding a camshaft, Elite called me Tuesday to let me know that I should see my 1x Cam from them next week sometime finally. Waiting on the cam really pushed this back. Should see assembly of the motor starting next week I can hope.

Last edited: