Update on my rig

bluedge8

Reaction score
It's amazing this truck went from winning DPC, to can't keep it together, Sorry to hear this. Hope you get it going soon.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i believe his truck is having a mid-life crisis, and is throwing a temper tantrum.

question is, what's it gonna take to make his truck stfu and get over it?

Jomax

Reaction score
i believe his truck is having a mid-life crisis, and is throwing a temper tantrum.

question is, what's it gonna take to make his truck stfu and get over it?

Sell it. And the next owner won't have a lick of trouble.

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of bad luck in a vehicle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
Damn Eric, sorry to hear that. It is unbelievable how much bad luck you have had with this thing. I have to say, I admire your perseverance...I know I wouldn't have been able to be as dedicated to a truck as you are to this one. Good luck!!!

Black AOD

Reaction score
Damn Erik, sucks to hear this. Good luck with it and I'm sure Morgan will fix that beast up good and it will stop trying to kill itself!

Wayne

Reaction score
You might think I'm crazy for saying this, and maybe midwest has already done it, but I strongly recommend pulling the fuel filter, as well as looking into the sediment bowl. If any metal particles are in there (open the folds in the paper filter element for inspection), the tank needs to be pulled, and thoroughly cleaned, lines and rails flushed, new filter, and all new injectors as well as both injection pumps. Possibly due to sitting, the fuel could have become contaminated with water or anything else for that matter. If you miss a step, you'll be right back in there doing it all over again. Possibly hang a nozzle with debris, and melt down the engine. Not something to mess around with. Also pull the cover off the back of the front mounted pump (where the lift pump portion is), and inspect for evidence of rust. That's also an indicator of the whole fuel injection system being junk.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i have had some issues and thought my luck was bad. i cant imagine how you even process all this and your head not explode. i hope for good luck this time around Erik!!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Reaction score
You might think I'm crazy for saying this, and maybe midwest has already done it, but I strongly recommend pulling the fuel filter, as well as looking into the sediment bowl. If any metal particles are in there (open the folds in the paper filter element for inspection), the tank needs to be pulled, and thoroughly cleaned, lines and rails flushed, new filter, and all new injectors as well as both injection pumps. Possibly due to sitting, the fuel could have become contaminated with water or anything else for that matter. If you miss a step, you'll be right back in there doing it all over again. Possibly hang a nozzle with debris, and melt down the engine. Not something to mess around with. Also pull the cover off the back of the front mounted pump (where the lift pump portion is), and inspect for evidence of rust. That's also an indicator of the whole fuel injection system being junk.

I told Eric we are going through the whole fuel system. I wasn't sure but he said since the elite engine had been out, it sat and basically hasn't had much fuel ran through it. So that fuel was plenty old. It's all coming apart and being gone through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne

Reaction score
I bet it's collected enough dust that plants have started growing on the hood and roof LOL Maybe Erik will get the guys to water it to supplement his tomato crop, and help pay the bill. :poke: