how bad will I hate my truck if I go from maxpowers to 475 single?

78f100

Reaction score
Why? Dont take offense to that but why would you switch away? What are the advantages? That was the point of my post. I see a bunch of guys switching, posting spool up videos, and talking about how the lag is not that bad? But is it just for reliability reasons?

I think we have a bunch of the same questions... I was just pointing out why I have those questions...

So you have no time, and no money, and have the spare stock vgt/71 laying around??? and your plan is to fab up a single setup and buy another turbo instead of swapping on the kit you already have?

I never said anything about not having the money to do whatever I want with it. Yes I could just put the old setup back on but I know I won't be happy with it. Honestly not sure if I will ever put the maxpowers back on this truck. The purpose of this was to get opinions on how a 75 would be. I am up in tha air right now on it. It seems like I only get about 20 to 30k miles out of a vgt and I want a change. I work on these trucks every day and know what it will take to build what I want. I just can't have my shop tied up with my truck while I fab up a compound setup right now.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I never said anything about not having the money to do whatever I want with it. Yes I could just put the old setup back on but I know I won't be happy with it. Honestly not sure if I will ever put the maxpowers back on this truck. The purpose of this was to get opinions on how a 75 would be. I am up in tha air right now on it. It seems like I only get about 20 to 30k miles out of a vgt and I want a change. I work on these trucks every day and know what it will take to build what I want. I just can't have my shop tied up with my truck while I fab up a compound setup right now.

My bad... I thought you mentioned being cheaper...

I will stop messing up your thread... I started my own. Sorry for the derail

madman1234509

Reaction score
Not to get off topic, but I don't disagree with Mike that a single 75 in a single cab, with nitrous will be in the 10s. But what would a 6.4 do with the same set up their new drag truck has in it? It'd probably be insane..

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
050bef2e9aa3b3ae3913aa6608c24c31.jpg

Reaction score
Tony, I understand where you are going with what you want.

I say do it. Who cares. It's only temporary.

I have a full drop in ready s400 t-4 kit from downpipe on forward. All you need to do is buy/fab a cold air intake for whatever turbo you put on it.

I also have a billet s464 that needs a home. Or I can set you up with a good 75/83/83/.91 or so..

Let me know if I can help save you some time.

buck russell

Reaction score
Back pressure and building the bottom end was a huge turn off when it came to redoing my truck this time around. Besides, a big single sounds farking ridiculous.

78f100

Reaction score
update if anyone cares...lol. I have decided to swap motors from my cc and rc next week.So not going to single turbo just yet. The black truck will be stock fuel and 71/stock vgt for now. May sell it and get a 6.7 later on idk yet.

B585Ford

Reaction score
update if anyone cares...lol. I have decided to swap motors from my cc and rc next week.So not going to single turbo just yet. The black truck will be stock fuel and 71/stock vgt for now. May sell it and get a 6.7 later on idk yet.

When do you predict the RC will be up and running?

78f100

Reaction score
Glad to see that regular cab get some love.
yeah its about time...lol. can't thank you enough for finding and checking it out for me!

When do you predict the RC will be up and running?
Next week...lol. actually not sure. For now not changing a lot other than replacing the vgt with a non vgt, so it should go fairly quick until fab work starts on the turbo. I don't have a timeframe we are gonna close the shop to customers for a few days to work on our stuff next week if all goes well.

B585Ford

Reaction score
yeah its about time...lol. can't thank you enough for finding and checking it out for me!

Next week...lol. actually not sure. For now not changing a lot other than replacing the vgt with a non vgt, so it should go fairly quick until fab work starts on the turbo. I don't have a timeframe we are gonna close the shop to customers for a few days to work on our stuff next week if all goes well.

Are you at liberty to share what turbo you are going with?