Nitrous setups...... Good brands? Pros/Cons of running nitrous

Reaction score
Looking into throwing some nitrous in the mix. What are some good options and what are the pros/cons of running nitrous. Most likely I'll be running a single stage so what size shot? Let me hear your thoughts.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I don't run it, but from what people say....if there is still a haze...there's still room to go bigger.
But like I said, I don't run it, so I can't even really comment.

.............what could possibly go wrong? Lol

Extended Power

Reaction score
I don't run it, but from what people say....if there is still a haze...there's still room to go bigger.
But like I said, I don't run it, so I can't even really comment.

.............what could possibly go wrong? Lol

RSK

Reaction score
well a few pro's are, cheap power, lower egt's, less unburnt fuel. Con's could over speed turbo's without wastegate properly adjusted, more back pressure so wastegate adjustment is key. there are more cons but i'm not sure of them.

kanuck15

Reaction score
Well the first CON is I just got a 180 dollar fine for illegal vehicle modification for having a nitrous bottle in my bed. Didnt even have the line hooked up. If I get caught with it again my truck gets impounded on the spot

Strokin89

Reaction score
Well the first CON is I just got a 180 dollar fine for illegal vehicle modification for having a nitrous bottle in my bed. Didnt even have the line hooked up. If I get caught with it again my truck gets impounded on the spot

Wow! Is it because of safety reasons or something?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score

What state are you in? Is that a state or federal law?

Super Diesel

Reaction score

Pretty sure that the Dodge Neon SRT4 had an option that came with a nitrous bottle (here in the states anyway). The bottle wasn't hooked up, and as long as you didn't hook it up - it wouldn't void the warranty. I doubt Dodge would've been able to sell those kinds of packages if it were illegal here. Same principle that you had going on, I don't see how they could have fined you for that. That's like writing people tickets that have off road lights installed, even though they aren't using them on the roads.

Unless Canadian laws are weird like that. Either way, I'm in for updates. This thread is relevant to my interests.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Only thing I know that would be a con is if u use too much nitrous and backfire threw the intake. Or over speedin te turbo

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Extended Power

Reaction score
In Canada, nitrous runs around $10.00/pound.

.....cheaper to just get the right turbo, or turbos in the long run.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Wow! How much is nitrous here in the states?

stonepusher

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Stonepusher was spraying his barder 68 to upper 800hp without a wastegate and he had no problems. I think it was a dual stage.

Actually with the new sticks it trapped 126mph in the 1/4 and that was one stage, puts it a lil above 900hp. After world finals I may see what 2 stages will do with the bigger sticks :jawdrop: before the new sticks with the 225/100's it did 865hp on two stages and trapped 123mph.

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
Actually with the new sticks it trapped 126mph in the 1/4 and that was one stage, puts it a lil above 900hp. After world finals I may see what 2 stages will do with the bigger sticks :jawdrop: before the new sticks with the 225/100's it did 865hp on two stages and trapped 123mph.

whats your truck weigh??