Nitrous setups...... Good brands? Pros/Cons of running nitrous

Stroked777

Reaction score
I have a cheap ($500ish)zex system on my 03 7.3 pull truck, worked ok for a while but the controller that hooked into your tps wires for wot spray crapped out after a year or so. I wired it direct so the switch actuates the solenoid and it has worked fine ever since. I wouldn't recommend this for daily driving though. I am running 400/400's and supporting fuel/oil mods with a non wastegated, ported S482 and single stage 225 nozzle that I drilled to xxx, just not sure what the numbers are on it now, it's paper thin on the outside where it sits in the port. 250,xxx stock forged rod bottom end and I haven't bent or snapped a rod yet. as said before.... start small and see how much extra fuel you have and go up from there until you get to where you have a little smoke left at wot and full spray. It will start popping if you lean it out too much, but I don't recommend that test. Also as said before, get your r's up before spraying to avoid bending rods. Also, get a bottle heater to keep the bottle warm while spraying, and make sure you empty and ice the bottle for an hour or so before having it filled. You'll spray a full spray from 1100-900psi but below that I've noticed a difference and usually have it filled for the next pull. Usually get 3-4 pulls with the nozzle I have. I Pay $6/lb here in upstate NY but I think I'm going to buy my own fill station because I have to drive an hour each way to get bottles filled. Good luck...

Where are you upstate? What pulling club lets you spray?

Didn't mean to cause a little derail. I'm interested in running no2 on my truck as well in the future and just seeing what people say

Last edited:

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
100x agreed lol
d9fbf4eaca8f2a6f6a994bcad00cd059.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.