Nitrous setups...... Good brands? Pros/Cons of running nitrous

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
I have a cheap ($500ish)zex system on my 03 7.3 pull truck, worked ok for a while but the controller that hooked into your tps wires for wot spray crapped out after a year or so. I wired it direct so the switch actuates the solenoid and it has worked fine ever since. I wouldn't recommend this for daily driving though. I am running 400/400's and supporting fuel/oil mods with a non wastegated, ported S482 and single stage 225 nozzle that I drilled to xxx, just not sure what the numbers are on it now, it's paper thin on the outside where it sits in the port. 250,xxx stock forged rod bottom end and I haven't bent or snapped a rod yet. as said before.... start small and see how much extra fuel you have and go up from there until you get to where you have a little smoke left at wot and full spray. It will start popping if you lean it out too much, but I don't recommend that test. Also as said before, get your r's up before spraying to avoid bending rods. Also, get a bottle heater to keep the bottle warm while spraying, and make sure you empty and ice the bottle for an hour or so before having it filled. You'll spray a full spray from 1100-900psi but below that I've noticed a difference and usually have it filled for the next pull. Usually get 3-4 pulls with the nozzle I have. I Pay $6/lb here in upstate NY but I think I'm going to buy my own fill station because I have to drive an hour each way to get bottles filled. Good luck...

swinky

Reaction score
So how do you guys run them on the street? I should be running around a 12.4 when I'm all fixed up and want a small safe shot so I can run 11.90/7.70 index

stonepusher

Reaction score
I started off with a zex kit that uses .125 solenoids. I had a -6 feed line made to supply both solenoids so I can run two stages if needed off a NX bottle. I have one stage wired in on a Hobbs switch that's set to go off at 25 psi of boost. My second stage is on a manual hand held button, I call it my "JIC" stage(just in case) lol.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
I started off with a zex kit that uses .125 solenoids. I had a -6 feed line made to supply both solenoids so I can run two stages if needed off a NX bottle. I have one stage wired in on a Hobbs switch that's set to go off at 25 psi of boost. My second stage is on a manual hand held button, I call it my "JIC" stage(just in case) lol.

What size stages are you running?

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
340 hybrids with dual hpop s475 and s595 on one stage it went 10.16 then the second pass blew the intermediate shaft and kaboomed the motor lol