Evans waterless coolant

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I'm running a dirty diesel customs tank. So I'm using a summit cap with a hole drilled in it. You can just drill a hole in your factory cap or if you have a old one.

BOSS450

Reaction score
I'm running a dirty diesel customs tank. So I'm using a summit cap with a hole drilled in it. You can just drill a hole in your factory cap or if you have a old one.

That's the answer I needed. I've got the old degas bottle so I'll just run that line to atmosphere with coolant level adjusted.

Thanks!0

obs7.3

Reaction score
Depends on where it's leaking. Gotta remember the weight of the coolant pushing down on a crack or loose crimp on the tanks it still will leak. I had a couple leaks cause of a loose clamps and it leaked just from the weight of the coolant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didn't someone just do a lot of testing on the stock radiators and come to the conclusion that the cab mount bushings can play a big part in the radiators leaking?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
didn't someone just do a lot of testing on the stock radiators and come to the conclusion that the cab mount bushings can play a big part in the radiators leaking?

Yes. Iirc it was Mishimoto that did that. But not sure.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Yes. Iirc it was Mishimoto that did that. But not sure.

Correct.

Also powerstrokehelp also has a video concluding that the cab mounts are to blame for leaking radiators. Iirc their customer had a aftermarket radiator as well.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

obs7.3

Reaction score
I need to check mine still. So I flushed my cooling system at 44k when the egr delete went on, and I put motorcraft coolant back in it. From what I'm gathering whether you have an egr delete or not, the coolant is still harmful to the front covers?
I thought that was more of an egr related issue. I just wanna make sure I understand.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I need to check mine still. So I flushed my cooling system at 44k when the egr delete went on, and I put motorcraft coolant back in it. From what I'm gathering whether you have an egr delete or not, the coolant is still harmful to the front covers?
I thought that was more of an egr related issue. I just wanna make sure I understand.

I was always under the impression that front cover issues were coolant related, RPM if you are running 4.33s or 4.80s, the original degas design and the pre-T on the line connecting to degas and maybe the original radiator hoses (single o-ring).

dmkolb

Reaction score
The coolant conversation is intresting. I'd like to hear more from people who have run it. Also curious what some of the engine builders like Morgan Primm think of this stuff?